• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Hello from Wisconsin

michael2019

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
My name is Michael, I have been been skiing since i was 4 i am now 16. I am a level 7- low level 8 skier, i rarely ski powder but love to carve on everything our hills have. Within the last 3 years i have been skiing bumps a lot, i can ski the green and blue lines well and the zipper line when the troughs aren't complete ice. I don't venture to the terrain park much, jumps and a straight rail or box once in a while is the most i do.

This last year i became a ski instructor at our local hill. I have enjoyed skiing with many level 7-9 skiers (level 1-3 instructors, and a couple of examiners!) in the past year and have learned much.

Most recent additions to my skiing have included more angulation, longer outside leg, and hips staying lower to the snow. I have also started running gates this year and can consistently run a silver medal in Nastar but can never quite get a gold.

Any suggestions you have on my skiing from what you have heard so far would be much appreciated(especially on slalom racing). Don't be afraid to ask me questions either.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Welcome Michael! Congrats on the instructor gig... that and running gates are great ways to learn.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Cascade Mountain
My brother teachers there on Sunday, Doug Trumbower. I believe Glenn Knight is fairly higher level instructor and racer at Cascade too.

I'm not familiar with the racing staff there, but if you can ever get Gregory Schiltz at Tyrol Basin, I would recommend it. He also has his own ski store in Madison. GS Ski Tunes.

If you really want some MA from the group, post a video in Ski School of your skiing.

Read this for video taking. https://www.pugski.com/threads/tips-for-getting-good-video-for-ma.7618/

TS
M

michael2019

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
I have never met Doug as i don't generally work on Sundays. I am familiar with Glenn Knight, he is a level 2 instructor if i remember correctly. I will probably take a video tomorrow and post it in ski school.

Sponsor

Staff online