Hello from the South

Discussion in 'Booting Up: New Member Introduction' started by Gorilla Stance, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Gorilla Stance

Gorilla Stance Booting up Skier

Just wanted to say that I recently found this place and immediately read as much as I could about a ton of topics. This place is a wealth of information and thank you to all regular contributors/site admins.

I live in TN, which I know is far from typical ski-forum members. I typically ski in Utah or California, and will almost certainly be moving to Denver in the coming years to feed my ski obsession. I'm a pretty aggressive skier, and love me some fat skis. I also tend to enjoy skis on the shorter side, preferring the nimble ride to the dragster.

Excited to read all the new threads that pop up as the best time of year approaches!

TexasStout, Uncle-A, Bad Bob and 2 others like this.
  2. Pat AKA mustski

Pat AKA mustski Out on the slopes Skier

Welcome to the forum! Where do you plan to ski this season?

3. Thread Starter
    TS
    Gorilla Stance

Not sure exactly, but thinking it will be exclusively IKON Pass resorts. Hoping to do all of the Utah resorts and maybe the Tahoe ones.

4. Uncle-A

Uncle-A In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al" Skier

Welcome, this place is a fun place, from all the tech stuff, to all social stuff. I like your screen name it reminds me of one of the guys I ski with from time to time.

5. surfsnowgirl

surfsnowgirl Instructor, newbie Subaru driver and winter lover Skier

Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Pete in Idaho

Pete in Idaho Out on the slopes Skier

Welcome to Pugski. Hope you aren't flooded now.

7. GeoGirl

GeoGirl Booting up Skier

Well met! I'm from western TN originally, but it took moving out to Oregon for me to start skiing. That awesome that you can fuel a long distance habit! What got you started? :)

Philpug likes this.
  8. Thread Starter
    TS
    Gorilla Stance

Grew up in SoCal and snowboarded at Bear/Mammoth. Wife's family skied in Utah so started going there more frequently. Nashville's where my job landed me but still have the craving for skiing (even forced myself to go to Sugar a few times). Like I said will be moving west in coming years, but family out there makes traveling and skiing easier in the interim.

GeoGirl and Philpug like this.