• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Clemson

Putting on skis
Skier
Though I have been busy tending my gardens, and other summer fun, I am clearly obsessed with snow now that I am skiing again. I am 50 and came back to it in 2016 after a long hiatus due to a terrible snowboard accident, which included a few years of PT. My son now 16 has a town owned T-bar hill where he lives with his mother, and his growing passion got me back on the slopes.
I had been skiing on some Fischer Fire, which I knew I would outgrow in terms of performance, but were perfect to get back into the swing of thing. Their short comings, once I found them, allowed me to know exactly what I was looking for, which is how I eventually ended up here. Over the last month I have been reading reviews, and other skiing related forum post, and found myself returning often PUGSKI . Last season I skied 7 times, and am hoping for 10 this year. I may even buy my son an Epic pass, as he lives not far from Mt. Snow, and Wildcat is now our annual Presidents Day Vacation mountain.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Welcome to PugSki!! I'm not from New Hampshire, but I'm there about once a month and usually ski 2 or 3 weekends in New England.

EricG

Lost somewhere!
Skier
Welcome.

Let’s hope for another great snow year!

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Welcome to the friendly PUGSKI community. We are an active bunch, skiing is our uniting factor and a lot can be learned here about this wonderful sport.

TS
Clemson

Clemson

Putting on skis
Skier
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I have enjoyed reading through old threads, because there is a lot to learn here at PUGSKI, and it's great to find a community of people who also love thinking about skiing year round, and for as much as I enjoy summer, I am counting down the days.

TS
Clemson

Clemson

Putting on skis
Skier
Welcome! I'm from NH, North Conway to be precise, and miss the skiing there. Really, I do.
I live in Newington, so most all my Skiing is in the North Conway area, an easy straight shot up route 16 . My son and I even spend a week up there for his Presidents week vacation. One might think we would want to venture to new terrain , but we love Wildcat. I Did promise him the Alps for his 18 birthday, which is next year.

Uncle-A

Skier
I live in Newington, so most all my Skiing is in the North Conway area, an easy straight shot up route 16 . My son and I even spend a week up there for his Presidents week vacation. One might think we would want to venture to new terrain , but we love Wildcat. I Did promise him the Alps for his 18 birthday, which is next year.
Take him out west I have been to both and the west was better.

winkdc

Booting up
Skier
I am also new to the site from NH originally - and am also 50 but live outside DC. Last year broke a 20 year ski hiatus as my kids are 9 and 3 and last Pres day tripped out to Park City and had a great time.

I learned at gunstock every wed afternoon starting at 5 yo and did the ski bum thing taking some college off. Skied everything in ME, NH and VT.

We have a Season pass this year and are looking forward to hitting PA, NH, VT and our big trip to WB this year. Can’t wait - the 8 yo last year first out did two days of lessons and then could ski any blue on the mountain with us the last couple days. He plays hockey which helped. A lot of fun with the kids for sure - this site is awesome in terms of figuring out equipment and what might work. Have to give up my old 203 Kastle SL with look bindings.....will likely land on Blizzard Brahma 88 - prob at 180 as I am 5’10” and 185.

Great site and seems like a great group to learn from.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Welcome!

You don't have to give up the Kastle SLs. You'll regret it later. ;) Hold on to the boots that fit them, too. They'll rock on retro days.

winkdc

Booting up
Skier
Thanks doug....I remember having the iron, wax and file but am clueless today. But likely will keep the oldies just so when I get out east and revisit the ice.

Uncle-A

Skier
I am also new to the site from NH originally - and am also 50 but live outside DC. Last year broke a 20 year ski hiatus as my kids are 9 and 3 and last Pres day tripped out to Park City and had a great time.

I learned at gunstock every wed afternoon starting at 5 yo and did the ski bum thing taking some college off. Skied everything in ME, NH and VT.

We have a Season pass this year and are looking forward to hitting PA, NH, VT and our big trip to WB this year. Can’t wait - the 8 yo last year first out did two days of lessons and then could ski any blue on the mountain with us the last couple days. He plays hockey which helped. A lot of fun with the kids for sure - this site is awesome in terms of figuring out equipment and what might work. Have to give up my old 203 Kastle SL with look bindings.....will likely land on Blizzard Brahma 88 - prob at 180 as I am 5’10” and 185.

Great site and seems like a great group to learn from.
Welcome, this is a great community for all things skiing.

Sponsor

Staff online