• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Hello from Spain

Mateospelayo

Booting up
Skier
Hello to every one,
I am glad of becoming a member of this community. I am from Madrid, Spain and have been living in Minnesota for a year (that's why I speak English).
I´ve been skiing my whole life (short one though, 18 years) and I'm happy to have found this place.
Thank you!!

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Welcome! Where do you typically ski?

TS
Mateospelayo

Mateospelayo

Booting up
Skier
Welcome! Where do you typically ski?
My family has a cabin at Formigal (Spanish Pyrenees) so I usually ski there but I've skied in France many times and Andorra as well.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Welcome. Formigal looks nice!
Formigal-Ski-Resort-153067.jpg

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
...... I am from Madrid, Spain and have been living in Minnesota for a year ......

Hello @Mateospelayo, lots of friendly folk on this forum, handfuls in your area who know the lay of land up in Minnesota should you wish first hand input. I'm south of you some 350km.

Nice thing for your location is you have a good number of direct flights that may have last minute saver fares to ski destinations to adjunct the smaller venues in Minn.

TS
Mateospelayo

Mateospelayo

Booting up
Skier
So have you checked out buck Hill, Afton alps, other local mn "mountains" yet??
I skied at Andes tower hills in Alexandria (west side of the state). It´s definitely not the best place for skiing but it was better than nothing...

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Welcome to Pugski. We hale from all over, but many of us have done our time in the Midwest.
Midwest may not be the Pyrenees but those little hills have made and tuned some very good skiers. Embrace what you have take away what you learn there. They can help you learn to ski hard snow in a way big mountains rarely can. Enjoy your time here and travel when you can.

TS
Mateospelayo

Mateospelayo

Booting up
Skier
Welcome to Pugski. We hale from all over, but many of us have done our time in the Midwest.
Midwest may not be the Pyrenees but those little hills have made and tuned some very good skiers. Embrace what you have take away what you learn there. They can help you learn to ski hard snow in a way big mountains rarely can. Enjoy your time here and travel when you can.

No kidding sir, you can see Lindsey Vonn as a great example for that. I’m so in love with the Minnesota vibes I try to travel there once a year (usually during the summer) and enjoy lake and bonding time with friends.

TS
Mateospelayo

Mateospelayo

Booting up
Skier
Just to clarify; I lived in Minnesota 2 years ago. Currently I’m living in Madrid. Sorry for the mistake

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Did you become a fan of any Minnesota sports teams while there? My friend from Galicia became a Browns fan after doing grad school in Cleveland back in the 80s. They were good then...

TS
Mateospelayo

Mateospelayo

Booting up
Skier
Did you become a fan of any Minnesota sports teams while there? My friend from Galicia became a Browns fan after doing grad school in Cleveland back in the 80s. They were good then...
Hell yeah! I am a vikings fan now. SKOL!
I rather soccer though.

Sponsor