• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Hello from Oregon!

GeoGirl

Booting up
Skier
Hi, so I finally decided to make an account after lurking to soak up the knowledge on the forums for too long.
I moved to Oregon for graduate school, my department dragged me along on a ski trip, and after being scared out of my wits on the first day fell completely in love with the downhill rush. I'm looking forward to ski season 2018/2019!
I'm meeting college friends to ski in Colorado after New Years and am super excited... and intimidated.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I moved to Oregon for graduate school, my department dragged me along on a ski trip, and after being scared out of my wits on the first day fell completely in love with the downhill rush.
Those bastnards! Introducing you to a sport that you will enjoy for the rest of your life? What were they thinking???? Welcome to the fray...I think you will fit right in.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Welcome! Will we see you at Bigsky for the gathering?

fullStack

Getting on the lift
Skier
Hi, so I finally decided to make an account after lurking to soak up the knowledge on the forums for too long.
I moved to Oregon for graduate school, my department dragged me along on a ski trip, and after being scared out of my wits on the first day fell completely in love with the downhill rush. I'm looking forward to ski season 2018/2019!
I'm meeting college friends to ski in Colorado after New Years and am super excited... and intimidated.

Welcome! I have a BS in Geography from OSU and grew up skiing in Oregon.

Now my wife and daughters help me terrorize the fine upstanding citizens at Crystal Mtn in Washington, but we get down to Oregon every couple of years for spring break.

VickieH

Contrarian
Skier
Welcome! I was in Oregon ... well, the non-Oregon part (Portland) ... for 5 years. Just left there this summer.

I've been skiing for a handful of years. Excited, intimidated -- yeah, I get that!

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Are you skiing Willamette Pass?

Don't let Colorado freak you out. If you are skiing the PNW Colorado hills and conditions are normally pretty comforting. You're going suck a little more air, but the skiing is no tougher.

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier
I'm here in Oregon and two seasons ago I did my "Oregon Ski Safari" (Every Area, Every Lift, Every Run). I ski mostly Mt Hood. Go ahead and ask me questions about Oregon ski areas.

newfydog

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Beaver or Duck? All the Oregon geologists I know I Beavers, who tell me how miserable the Ducks are.

I finally met an actual Duck geologist. Brilliant guy. Who would've guessed? Welcome to Oregon, and be sure to visit Bachelor.