• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Hello from Ontario

tweaks89

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Hi all,

Great to have a ski community that's both active and appears to be diverse in all sorts of locations. Registered a bit ago but thought I'd post something here.

Been skiing for 19 years or so but have stayed on the east coast.... looking forward to making a trip out west (or south) for some real snow one of these days! Have always wanted to but obviously couldn't go myself when I was young, and then for a few years skied more casually than not.... hopefully one day soon! Closest thing I've ever gotten to a mountain has been Tremblant. I realized thought that its not THAT much cheaper than having a bigger trip out west, or maybe I'm telling myself that. :)

Look forward to browsing the wealth of info around.

Cheers

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Welcome @tweaks89 !

We certainly are diverse. Last week at the Gathering I skied with people from all over New England, NYC, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia, California, Wyoming, Washington, Alberta Canada, Colorado, and probably a few other places.

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Hi @tweaks89 . There are a few Ontarians here. A couple of us are going to meet at Blue on Wednesday , 20th if youre interested

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Hi all,

Great to have a ski community that's both active and appears to be diverse in all sorts of locations. Registered a bit ago but thought I'd post something here.

Been skiing for 19 years or so but have stayed on the east coast.... looking forward to making a trip out west (or south) for some real snow one of these days! Have always wanted to but obviously couldn't go myself when I was young, and then for a few years skied more casually than not.... hopefully one day soon! Closest thing I've ever gotten to a mountain has been Tremblant. I realized thought that its not THAT much cheaper than having a bigger trip out west, or maybe I'm telling myself that. :)

Look forward to browsing the wealth of info around.

Cheers

Welcome @tweaks89 !

We certainly are diverse. Last week at the Gathering I skied with people from all over New England, NYC, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia, California, Wyoming, Washington, Alberta Canada, Colorado, and probably a few other places.

Diverse, what a polite word. ;)

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
Welcome from eastern Ontario!!

We have some great skiing here in the East. Mt. Ste. Anne, Massif and if you really want some old fashion skiing...SugarLoaf.

Where are you situated?

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Welcome aboard !
I live in Waterloo and hit up Blue Mountain once or twice week, either solo or with a pal, on the 5x7 pass.
I'll be meeting up with Graham on the 20th up at Blue.

~ Andy

TS
T

tweaks89

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Sorry for the bump, but felt bad without a response. My ski season kind of ended (due to time reasons) after posting this and I hadn't actually "logged in" to Pugski since; need to setup my email notifications!

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. @graham418 and @ARL67 if timing works out would love to meet up with you guys on the hills somewhere this year.

Going to try for a trip to Banff first week February... so going to do some research today lol. Never been out there!

Sponsor

Staff online