• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Hello from Michigan!

Mittengirl

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Thought I'd do the introduction thing.... I'm from SE lower Michigan ( born and raised here) but have lived in CA, MA , OH, and VT. I started skiing in high school with the Ski Club there. Graduated....then, I did not really ski after high school except for doing bit of snowboarding, at Big Bear Mtn., when I lived in California. Twelve years ago I met my husband and since he was an avid skier, I started back up again using my crazy long skinny skis. I did get myself some shaped skis and that was a game changer for me. I would class myself as a solid Intermediate. I am just most comfortable on the Blues. Hoping to change that and push myself a bit to explore some more challenging terrain. I feel I'm due for a new set of skis and boots as I've had mine for 8 years now and to be honest they are just not the right ski for me anymore. I usually ski the local hills because they are close but we love going to the Porcupine Mountains in the UP and doing both nordic and alpine skiing. I also love going to Crystal Mountain, because it is a very dog friendly resort, and the dogs get to hang with us in the condo. I do wish I would have skied in Vermont when I lived there....I definitely missed out. I have been back for mountain biking trips to the Northeast Kingdom and Burke Mountain.....so I have been on the lifts, just with a bike instead if skis. We really just need to plan a winter ski trip there or out west somewhere. Thanks for the add this looks like a great place to connect with people in the ski community.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Paging @Tricia our other resident mitten girl.

Karl B

USSA L100
Skier
Welcome to Pugski! I am usually at Pine Knob 7 days a week between coaching the Lake Orion High School team and working for the ski school on the weekends. Look me up if you come out. We'll take a couple runs together!

Carolinacub

Yes thats a Cubs hat I'm wearing
Skier
I'm also a former Michigander, was born in St. Joe and moved to sunny FL when my parents got sick of the cold. did 9-12th grade in the sun and have moved all over the place since. now celebrating 30 years in WNC.

Sponsor

Staff online