• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Hello from MA, and Best Wishes to You All!

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
Ow, Ouch! Did I really say I prefer "SR" over Stowe, or is it just that I've skied at SR several times with BSSC. If I were sensitive, I'd feel hurt. Instead, I'm having a good chuckle. Thanks, Kevin!

I know you're not sensitive. That's why I'm ragging on you. :P

Glad to have you on board. Now work on getting your post count up. You: 8. @Tricia : 5,245. You (and I) have some catchin' up to do! :)

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
Tricia, thank you very much. I appreciate it. By the way, why "The Velvet Hammer" nickname?

I would have to refer to @hrstrat57 to be sure, but I believe it means that I'm friendly and helpful, but when necessary I'll put the hammer down. :)

Oh. I thought it was because you were tired of explaining where "The Virgin Clutch" comes from. :eek:

TS
DaveM

DaveM

Putting on skis
Skier
Good to see my fellow Mass-holes getting excited about skiing. Damn well better snow soon, but what-eva.
I rented a house in Granville VT for the winter #senditwithme
MattSmith, I remember chuckling when I first heard the term, "Mass-hole", shortly after I moved here, about 18 (holy smokes!) years ago. I don't think I qualify as one, however, because I'm a fairly polite driver. Doesn't the "M-H" have to be mean, short-tempered, and bitter about something stupid? I do agree with your point about praying for snow. Enjoy VT, this winter. May we all be blessed with great skiing! :)

MattSmith

Out on the slopes
Skier
I don't think I qualify as one, however, because I'm a fairly polite driver. Doesn't the "M-H" have to be mean, short-tempered, and bitter about something stupid?

Hi DaveM! Great to make your acquaintance. I use M-H as a term of endearment ...but I guess I'm wrong. Per the Oxford Dictionary:
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/us/masshole
Masshole
NOUN
US
vulgar slang
  • A contemptuous term for a native or inhabitant of the state of Massachusetts
(I had to look up "contemptuous" as well.)

I didn't intend to offend any of my fellow Massachusettsian residents. I was indoctrinated in '94. I'm a half-breed "Yinzer" / M-H. Please, Western PA people. Don't be offended by being a Yinzer. Wear it like a badge! ...and I'll continue to wear my M-H label as well.

"Come on guy! Go pound sand! I'm driving down Rt 1 with a Dunkie Regular in one hand and a butt in the other looking for somewhere to bang a uey, 'cause my stupid cousin Joey left his hoody on the counter and we're late to the B's game. Affleck's the Bomb, yo."

TS
DaveM

DaveM

Putting on skis
Skier
Hi DaveM! Great to make your acquaintance. I use M-H as a term of endearment ...but I guess I'm wrong. Per the Oxford Dictionary:
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/us/masshole
Masshole
NOUN
US
vulgar slang
  • A contemptuous term for a native or inhabitant of the state of Massachusetts
(I had to look up "contemptuous" as well.)

I didn't intend to offend any of my fellow Massachusettsian residents. I was indoctrinated in '94. I'm a half-breed "Yinzer" / M-H. Please, Western PA people. Don't be offended by being a Yinzer. Wear it like a badge! ...and I'll continue to wear my M-H label as well.

"Come on guy! Go pound sand! I'm driving down Rt 1 with a Dunkie Regular in one hand and a butt in the other looking for somewhere to bang a uey, 'cause my stupid cousin Joey left his hoody on the counter and we're late to the B's game. Affleck's the Bomb, yo."
MattSmith, thanks for your humorous reply. 'No offense taken. Holy smokes, the word's in the Oxford US-version dictionary. 'Too funny!

Sponsor

Staff online