• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Hello from GA

JonathanR

Booting up
Skier
New member from Atlanta here. This seems to be the best forum for skiing around so I figured I should join up. :)

I'm fairly new to skiing, I'm early 30s and have only been doing it 2 years but of course as soon as I tried it I immediately loved it so I'm trying to get in as much time as i can to learn and get better, which is not always easy being from the south with a lack of snow. I've been to CO 3 times so far (Steamboat and Copper), and I did a trip to Argentina this summer (Cerro Castor). This year I'm doing Big Sky, Vail, and Breck, so it should be a great year. Hope to maybe meet some of you all someday. Cheers.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
New member from Atlanta here. This seems to be the best forum for skiing around so I figured I should join up. :)

I'm fairly new to skiing, I'm early 30s and have only been doing it 2 years but of course as soon as I tried it I immediately loved it so I'm trying to get in as much time as i can to learn and get better, which is not always easy being from the south with a lack of snow. I've been to CO 3 times so far (Steamboat and Copper), and I did a trip to Argentina this summer (Cerro Castor). This year I'm doing Big Sky, Vail, and Breck, so it should be a great year. Hope to maybe meet some of you all someday. Cheers.
Well, you already have the hard part figured out..where to ask your questions and get the best answers. ;) . When will you be headed to Big Sky? I am not sure if you saw that we are having our annual Gathering there this year? Also, when willl you be headed to Breck? We have a lot of our "regulars" skiing out of there like @Doug Briggs and @Monique.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Welcome!

mcpowell

I want to be good
Skier
Welcome. I’m also from the snow-challenged state of GA. Your ski choices for this year are getting some early season luck. Good job

JeffB

ODAT
Skier
Hmm, perhaps a 11/11 Founding Day/Launch anniversary get together at Fado is in order. I’ll be coming back in town from a 3 day golf bender and, though I’m not too interested in watching Falcons-Browns, I’ll probably need an afternoon Guinness or 3 to take the edge off.

UGASkiDawg

AKA David
SkiTalk Tester
Welcome aboard and we'll answer any wuestions you have with 12 different opinions . I'd say contact me when you are in Colorado to get shown around but I don't do Breck or Flail. I will grab a malty beverage with you though.

TS
JonathanR

JonathanR

Booting up
Skier
Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Well, you already have the hard part figured out..where to ask your questions and get the best answers. ;) . When will you be headed to Big Sky? I am not sure if you saw that we are having our annual Gathering there this year? Also, when willl you be headed to Breck? We have a lot of our "regulars" skiing out of there like @Doug Briggs and @Monique.
I'm doing Big Sky Dec 15-21 and Breck on Jan 17-21.

Hmm, perhaps a 11/11 Founding Day/Launch anniversary get together at Fado is in order. I’ll be coming back in town from a 3 day golf bender and, though I’m not too interested in watching Falcons-Browns, I’ll probably need an afternoon Guinness or 3 to take the edge off.
That's great. Haven't been to Fado in a while, I do love Guinness though.

Sponsor