• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Hello from Boise

Landlockedwave

Booting up
Skier
New member from Boise here. We ski mostly at Brundage in McCall and Bogus Basin in Boise. Grew up skiing and switched to boarding for 15 years and then took a 5 year break. Getting back into skiing now. Int to adv skier.

Cheers

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Hello! I raced for BBSRA (now BBSEF) as a child and my dad was the head coach. We went back for their 50th anniversary celebration in 2017. One day I hope to get back and ski Bogus again. Welcome to Pugski!

TS
L

Landlockedwave

Booting up
Skier
Hello! I raced for BBSRA (now BBSEF) as a child and my dad was the head coach. We went back for their 50th anniversary celebration in 2017. One day I hope to get back and ski Bogus again. Welcome to Pugski!

Hey there! Today would've been a great day to return. Bogus had a good foot last night.

I raced for my junior high but that's where my career ended. That was in the late 80s and I switched to snowboarding in high school. It was the new "cool" thing and I jumped with everyone else. Took a few years off and now getting back into skiing with my youngest son and still snowboard sometimes with my oldest boy. We spend as many weekends in McCall as possible and will be picking up our season passes this weekend.

Cheers

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Hey there! Today would've been a great day to return. Bogus had a good foot last night.

I raced for my junior high but that's where my career ended. That was in the late 80s and I switched to snowboarding in high school. It was the new "cool" thing and I jumped with everyone else. Took a few years off and now getting back into skiing with my youngest son and still snowboard sometimes with my oldest boy. We spend as many weekends in McCall as possible and will be picking up our season passes this weekend.

Cheers

Junior high in the late 80s huh? I went to North Junior High in Boise 89-90 and 90-91.

TS
L

Landlockedwave

Booting up
Skier
Junior high in the late 80s huh? I went to North Junior High in Boise 89-90 and 90-91.
I was a freshman at meridian high 89-90. Went to Lake Hazel for Junior High and was the first or second class of freshman at Meridian. Seemed weird to be in a high school since all of the Boise freshman were still in junior high.

First time at Bogus next week.
Are you going up during the week or weekend?

slowrider

Trencher
Skier
I was a freshman at meridian high 89-90. Went to Lake Hazel for Junior High and was the first or second class of freshman at Meridian. Seemed weird to be in a high school since all of the Boise freshman were still in junior high.

Are you going up during the week or weekend?
Wednesday 3/6

jtrain

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier

I was a 7th grader at Meridian Junior High in 82. Junior High kids driving, never got used to that. Loved skiing at BB.

slowrider

Trencher
Skier
Nice! Weekdays are sooo much better. Hope you have a blast. Are you new to the area or sport?
Just passing through on a ski trip. Been riding since 1973. Meanwhile in Central Oregon we are getting hammered with at least 4 feet in the front yard. Figures I'm leaving on a trip.

SpikeDog

You want Big Air, kid?
Skier
Hi there Mr wave. However late this might be, welcome to Pugski.

I learned to ski at Bogus in the mid - 70's. I went to Meridian High from 73-77. My little brother went to Lake Hazel. We lived near Amity and 5 Mile. Small world, eh? The last time I was at Bogus Basin was in 1998. I took my family to the condo's up at the top of #2 lift during the Winter Olympics, and watched the Herminator go upside down on the TV in our room in the men's downhill.