• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Hello from Alta

jmills115

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender 2.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg
Not a bad evening walking at Alta.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Niiiiice. See you in March for The Gathering?

TS
jmills115

jmills115

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
IMG_3728.JPG
IMG_3730.JPG
How about a couple from Snowbasin today. The wife was pretty happy she snapped a couple of me standing under the Pork Barrel sign after brunching and eating way too much at the Needles Lodge (I cropped my gut out)

TS
jmills115

jmills115

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
IMG_3736.JPG
IMG_2005.JPG
IMG_2013.JPG
IMG_2025.JPG
FullSizeRender.jpg
A nice easy walk up to 11k' on top of Sugarloaf Mountain looking across to the top of the tram at the bird and Baldys peak and the top of Collins lift.

TS
jmills115

jmills115

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Thanks for all the pics. Really gets me fired up for winter.
After taking off 10+ years skiing and picking it up again last year my body struggled to make it past a 5 hour day. Being 46 and 15lbs heavy doesn't help but hoping the 7 mile RT with a 2500' elevation gain helps come November.
We have been trying to make it up at least twice a week and even starting to do yoga with the wife at home.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Nice pictures. One time in June we hiked straight up the avalanche zone at Hellgate. By the time we got to the top the combination of post wedding reception dehydration, altitude, and steepness made us a little dizzy. There are better hikes but it was there so we did it and it was cool but scary straddling the saddle.

TS
jmills115

jmills115

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Low 40s to start the day at Alta. Getting closerto the white stuff. I'll be at the top of Mount Baldy shortly.
IMG_3759.JPG

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I'm one of the rare members here who hasn't skied Alta. I'm really looking forward to it in March!

TS
jmills115

jmills115

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm one of the rare members here who hasn't skied Alta. I'm really looking forward to it in March!
I'm ready to ski it. Between the wife being 9 years younger and being more fit than I am she kills me hiking at Alta. Since I taught her to ski last season I'll get even in a few months

DaveM

Putting on skis
Skier
JMills115, thank you for sharing some fine photos. I skied Alta for the very first time, while visiting friends in Utah, two seasons ago, and just loved it. There's just something beautiful and rugged about the terrain, and the place had that "down home" feel to it. I'll have to post a photo or two up, to Properly Honor Alta. :)