• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Hello! Another Stateless Refugee from Epicski...

Ulmerhutte

Getting on the lift
Skier
Just joined today, when I heard Epicski was closing. Whilst I mainly lurked there, it was such a treasure trove of technical information on anything between edge angles to fixing scuffed Zipfit liners, that I regularly browsed for new posts. I hope in time Pugski fills the gap that will be created this Thursday.

Me? I live in Melbourne, Australia. I typically ski around 80 days a year, split between my home hill, Falls Creek, and St Anton in Austria. StA has been an annual pilgrimage for the last 15 years. Spent 6 weeks there this year; have already booked 7 weeks for 2018. :)

I think of myself as a strong advanced piste skier and a reasonably competent intermediate off piste skier.

I also frequent Snowheads.com - mainly for the news and banter on St Anton.

Jellybeans1000

Getting off the lift
Industry Insider
Just joined today, when I heard Epicski was closing. Whilst I mainly lurked there, it was such a treasure trove of technical information on anything between edge angles to fixing scuffed Zipfit liners, that I regularly browsed for new posts. I hope in time Pugski fills the gap that will be created this Thursday.

Me? I live in Melbourne, Australia. I typically ski around 80 days a year, split between my home hill, Falls Creek, and St Anton in Austria. StA has been an annual pilgrimage for the last 15 years. Spent 6 weeks there this year; have already booked 7 weeks for 2018. :)

I think of myself as a strong advanced piste skier and a reasonably competent intermediate off piste skier.

I also frequent Snowheads.com - mainly for the news and banter on St Anton.
Fellow Melbournian here. Are you on ski.com.au?

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Apologies, not trying to upset anyone in any way. Just trying to keep it light-hearted. Very sorry if anyone took offense.

^^^^ Meh, you're a Canuck. Too much syrup and poutine probably. And the Leafs losing...
Why is it that, when I hear the two of you interact, I can actually hear the dialect? Lots of laughter, eh?

BTW, poutine is the devil.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Poutine is so much better than an Epicburger. And with the exchange rate, costs so much less.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Poutine is so much better than an Epicburger. And with the exchange rate, costs so much less.
THAT is why its the devil.
Soooo good. So tempting.
Epic burger's don't tempt me.

TS
Ulmerhutte

Ulmerhutte

Getting on the lift
Skier
Fellow Melbournian here. Are you on ski.com.au?

Hi JB1000... yup, was on ski.com.au for a long time, and still lurk there once in while. It got very cliquey and hence boring, especially if you held contra views on AGW and/or politics to the inner circle, so I stopped posting. It was time for me to move on. That said, I do miss conversations with some of the regulars on Falls Creek, bush walking, and (of course) Europe. C'est la vie.

Varmintmist

Bear, with furnture.
Skier
I dunno if I like all these refugees just showing up..we need some extreme vetting!! Maybe a (fire)wall...that Epicski will pay for...
I'm good with that.

Make mine a 69 ragtop please like my old one
vetteapt1_zpsff3fc8e2.jpg

You wanna Vette me, were gonna do it right.

Main Street

Just livin life.
Skier
Hi JB1000... yup, was on ski.com.au for a long time, and still lurk there once in while. It got very cliquey and hence boring, especially if you held contra views on AGW and/or politics to the inner circle, so I stopped posting. It was time for me to move on. That said, I do miss conversations with some of the regulars on Falls Creek, bush walking, and (of course) Europe. C'est la vie.

Agreed,..... & the trolls within the cliques are allowed to roam free,.... When they were allowed to take agendas to all the other areas of the forum it just got way too ugly for what I wanted out of life.

Far happier with what I've created over the last couple of years on my own. :)

Good to see you in here. :)

:beercheer:

Sponsor

Staff online