• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Plai

Paul Lai
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

SOUTH LAKE TAHOE, Calif. (KOLO)-- A Heavenly Mountain Resort employee died Saturday after what the resort called a "serious incident" on the expert trail in Mott Canyon, the resort reported Sunday.

The 36-year-old California man was taken to Carson Tahoe Regional Medical Center in Carson City. After emergency care and evaluation, he was pronounced dead, the resort reported.

The Heavenly Ski Patrol responded. The specifics of what happened were not immediately available. Heavenly called it a serious incident.

“Heavenly Mountain Resort, Heavenly Ski Patrol and the entire Vail Resorts family extend our deepest sympathy and support to our employee’s family and friends,” Tom Fortune, vice president and general manager of Heavenly Mountain Resort, said in a statement.

Heavenly, Northstar and Kirkwood are all owned by Vail Resorts. Heavenly is near South Lake Tahoe.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Sad.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
This all happened on a big snow day after a few weeks of dry weather.
Not the any of these accidents were big risks, just saying that we all are in "that" zone when the snow comes after a drought.

pais alto

me encanta el país alto
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
^ If that’s the case, it totally sucks. :(

I guess it sucks in any case, but creek holes freak me out.

CalG

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled
Too close to home to say more,

totally sucks pretty much describes it.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Too close to home to say more,

totally sucks pretty much describes it.
I've been thinking about this since the news broke that it was a patroller.
For some reason it resonates deeper because its someone who is out there with the intent of keeping us safe and his life was cut short. It just feels like a deeper loss, for whatever the reason.
Much like the patroller that died at Squaw a 2 years ago.
I have such a high regard for patrollers and the incredible work they(you) do to mitigate risk and attend to our health and wellbeing.

James

Out There
Instructor
I guess on a glacier it's called a "moulin". Scary.

IMG_6865.JPG

Sponsor

Staff online