• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Heated sock review

Chef23

Getting on the lift
Skier
I have my first two days skiing with my Sidas socks with Thermic batteries and so far I am disappointed. The two days weren’t that cold (upper 20s) and my feet weren’t that warm. On the first day I had to reconnect the socks to the app on the phone and most of the days I had them set to 6 or higher. I didn’t have to stop skiing but my toes were a little cold.

The second day at some point the socks shut down even though the batteries were charged. My toes got really cold in the afternoon and when I tried to turn the temp up realized they weren’t working. I suffered through 3 or 4 more runs then it was 3 PM so it shut it down for the day with numb toes.

Given that I spent over $300 I am pretty disappointed. I do have circulation issues but I was hoping for more. Right now it seems like a waste of money. My sister has the Lenz socks with the full toe cap and has been having good luck with them.

I am not sure what my next move is but I am disappointed right now.

Idahosnow

Putting on skis
Skier
At $300 you should be thrilled with them. Hopefully, you can return them. I have been researching options for my wife's cold feet. As far as heated socks go, it seems the new Lenz's get the best reviews but I have no personal experience. She started using boot gloves this year. They help but are not a total solution. May try a chemical pack between the neoprene and shell. Good luck finding a solution. Please keep us posted if you find something that works for you.

Roundturns

Getting off the lift
Skier
Like my Hotronic heated socks . Second season using them. For me they work.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm sorry to hear it. These things are expensive.

I have the Lenz 5.0 socks with the dedicated toe cap (like your sister). At first I wasn't happy with them due to the battery life. I'd set them around 5-6, IIRC, and the batteries would be near dead around midday. Now I set them to 3 or 4 and they last most of the day. As for the warmth, they do a really good job keeping my toes happy. They're stupidly expensive, especially when you buy a spare pair of socks, but they have saved me on many days from having to go into the lodge way too early.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I have the Lenz, still using 1.0 socks but will probably acquire the 5.0 or 6.0 (compression wool socks) at some point. I have a second pair. I’ve had them for 2 seasons and find them indispensible, totally happy with them.

I usually just set them at 3 when I’m booting up in the lodge, they will last the whole day. If I’m heading out right away I’ll turn them up to 7 for about 20-30 minutes, then turn it back to 3.

Also I’m using the model RCB 1200 battery packs, they have RCB 1800 which should last longer at higher heat levels.

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
Do you people with one pair of heated socks ski the same sock 6 days in a row?
If yes, do you wash them by hand every night, or just wear them dirty?
How do they hold up with washing?

Sponsor

Staff online