• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Heated boot bag in Europe?

jjsoundoc

Booting up
Skier
I plan to buy a heated boot bag (Kulkea or Transpak) to make it easier to get into my stiff boots. Anyone know if I can use one of these bags in Switerzerland with an adapter?
Thanks,
JJ

Swiss Toni

Out on the slopes
Skier
Shouldn’t be a problem, you just need to get 220v/240v to 110v/120v transformer. It’s recommended that you get one that’s rated at twice the bag’s wattage. You might also need an adapter that fits Swiss wall sockets https://www.skross.com/en/products/europe-to-switzerland.

Alternatively, assuming that they are polyurethane boots you could just use a hot water bottle and strap it to the front of the boots with a bungee cord. I do this when there isn’t time to use my heated boot bag to get my boots soft enough to get them on. Fix the hot water bottle to the front of your

Boots before breakfast and they should be warm enough by the time you are ready to go skiing.

James

Out There
Instructor
Maybe there’s new digital transformers that are light. If not you’re looking at 2lbs at least.
I just use the Snaptronic. Has a 220/120 switch. All you need is the plug adapter. (Swiss is different than France)

Edit- seems it’s now unavailable. You could get a 220v Thermic boot dryer that’s the same thing. Why they couldn’t put the switch in like Snapdry did is beyond me.

Sponsor