• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Head V shape V-10 or Head monster 83X?

Cheizz

AKA Gigiski
Skier
Something no-one (including myself) has asked I think: where do you ski? On what kind of snow mostly? I assumed it is groomers (from the skis you said you tried in the opening post). I have a hard time going from a Rossignol Hero Elite Plus TI (78 mm underfoot) to a Kore 93 or wider as a viable option. I know some western American skiers view those as frontside skis, but I was thinking the Experience 84 AI was already pushing it haha...

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I have a hard time going from a Rossignol Hero Elite Plus TI (78 mm underfoot) to a Kore 93 or wider as a viable option. I know some western American skiers view those as frontside skis, but I was thinking the Experience 84 AI was already pushing it haha...

Exactly

silverback

Talking a lot about less and less
Skier
That could be the issue. Maybe it's that big lunch that makes me weak. Ill try redbull and rip it all day.

I know you are kidding but don't stop thinking about this. If I stop and go inside for lunch I lose some gettiup. I find my days last longer and I ski better if I just eat a bar and/or other snacks on the lift. If I want to stop I'll sometimes grab a coffee or water and sit down for 10-15 minutes...OUTSIDE. Taking all my gear off and sitting inside kills the mojo. Some days this break is accompanied by a ski change. I'm not usually looking to "relax" on my skis though.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
If I stop and go inside for lunch I lose some gettiup. I find my days last longer and I ski better if I just eat a bar and/or other snacks on the lift.

Everyone's different. When I was skinny, if I didn't stop at 11:45 and EAT, I was totally useless. Tim Man with no oil.

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I'm still skinny, but that no longer helps - it's been overwhelmed by ........ everything.

Skipping lunch is un-wise, but I'm a nibbler, which works well.

TS
D

David Edwards

Putting on skis
Skier
I will just eat a large meal the night before and then just ski all day. That way I can get really lean - just a beer or three for lunch to stay hydrated.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
I will just eat a large meal the night before and then just ski all day. That way I can get really lean - just a beer or three for lunch to stay hydrated.

This is why you can't relax after lunch - some of the skis in your OP take 5 lunchbeers minimum...and maintenance hydration afterwards.

TS
D

David Edwards

Putting on skis
Skier
hard decision there. easy ski and give up beer. I thought a beer or two helps relax muscles

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
The last couple of years I haven't been skiing as hard, due to injuries. However I have found in the past that after a morning full of high-g turns, stopping for lunch leads to the legs going into shutdown/recovery mode. Sometimes leading to cramps in the afternoon, other times just fatigue or not working properly after lunch, but not stopping for lunch after a morning full of high-g turns with no breaks typically lead to an afternoon of high-g turns with no problems (except feeling like I put on 200 lbs when climbing the stairs to the après-ski bar).

TS
D

David Edwards

Putting on skis
Skier
I need my timing. Red bull at the top and beer at the bottom. A good balance.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Weed is much better than alcohol getting you into “the zone”. Mushrooms or LSD can work even better for some people.

Depends on where and what you ski. It could be a express ticket to the ER or the morgue.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
Depends on where and what you ski. It could be a express ticket to the ER or the morgue.
I suppose for some. My brother was a comp bump skier. He blew out of his line on his first run at junior nationals so he decided he was done. He got really high and free skied until it was time for his second run. His second run was the run of his life and by many accounts the best run of the competition. He ended up in second place. I will say that even at the time he admitted that smoking and skiing gave you a few awesome runs but made you ski like shit the rest of the day. I have taken his words to heat and largely avoid partaking in any mind altering substances until the end of the ski day.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
As I say, depends.
I have seen some really bad injuries on the hill. Even watch someone died in front of me on Kachina.
Sometimes you get lucky. Sometimes you get your ticket punched.

Reactions: Ogg
TS
D

David Edwards

Putting on skis
Skier
No thanks to that. I am not looking to go that far. I would rather end my ski day early. Food and beer will just need to do.

wyowindrunner

Getting off the lift
Skier
hard decision there. easy ski and give up beer. I thought a beer or two helps relax muscles
You are joking I hope. Think Tom Brady knocks back a couple at halftime? Labron? Daly destroyed a golf career. The only thing that is altered is ones perception of reality- not reality.
Mushrooms or LSD can work even better for some people.
My own personnel (and rather extensive) experience with both of the above makes me agree with KG.
Elsie Johnson was killed in a collision with Craig Shirley at Hogadon in 2010. Five years old. Maybe you have seen the posters or ads in some of the print media.? " She was five. You were doing fifty". Toxicologists report showed that he had cannibanoids in his system at the time of the collision. Concluded that he was not performing a criminal act at the time of the wreck. Guess no roach or one hitter found laying next to him at the scene? If he would have lived how do you think the jury would feel about that information at a manslaughter trial? This occurred on an empty slope. what would happen if the hill was crowded? Would you encourage folks to knock back a couple prior to driving home during rush hour? Or dropping a little scorcerer's apprentice? Yeah right! People aren't equipped with air bags, belts, or crumple zones. If you wouldn't want your wife and kids on the road then, why would you want that on the mountain?

TS
D

David Edwards

Putting on skis
Skier
Im joking for sure. I would not consider drinking beer and getting on skis. Weed is a 100% no go as I work for the goverment and would never touch it.

Sponsor