• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Head Titan Length

Adapt-Cannon

Booting up
Skier
Hi All,

I’m looking for everyone’s opinion on a pair of head titan skis that I have. I purchased a pair of titans 170 length when I got back into skiing. At that time I was an intermediate level skier 6’1 175 pounds. I would now consider myself an advanced skier who can ski any groomer at my mountain and am working towards more off piste skiing. I’m still 6’1bit have added a few pounds and now weight 190. Is the 170 length just to short for me now?

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
If you were buying now, I’d for sure go to the 177cm length but as you mentioned going off piste more, I’d maybe recommend putting a fresh tune on your existing Titans and adding a more all mountain ski to your quiver instead. Something like a Brahma or Enforcer would add more off piste versatility and still be good on the groomers.
When it’s harder snow or you’re staying on the groomers that day, ski the nice and sharp Titans. Softer snow, new snow or venturing off piste, bring out your new 179-185cm all mountain skis.

Henry

Out on the slopes
Skier
How do your old skis feel to you? Longer skis will be stiffer. Would you like skis with more backbone? That feel is up to you. If you go straight & fast, are the 170 Titans steady and feel good (assuming they're well tuned)? If they're not steady, yep, it's time for a beefier ski for your current speeds. If you're happy with the way they ski, OK, maybe add versatility to your ski collection. Can you demo some 177 Titans?

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
yeah if you went straight and fast a super shape would be last ski I would want to have...

TS
A

Adapt-Cannon

Booting up
Skier
Thanks for your replies. I have been looking the nordica enforcer 100 in the 185 length. They come highly recommended and seem like they would be a great fit for me.

TS
A

Adapt-Cannon

Booting up
Skier
How do your old skis feel to you? Longer skis will be stiffer. Would you like skis with more backbone? That feel is up to you. If you go straight & fast, are the 170 Titans steady and feel good (assuming they're well tuned)? If they're not steady, yep, it's time for a beefier ski for your current speeds. If you're happy with the way they ski, OK, maybe add versatility to your ski collection. Can you demo some 177 Titans?

On nice groomed surfaces I have been very happy with how the titans in the 170. The make great carved turns.. When the conditions became icy they do not feel stable. I also have a pair of monster 88 in 177 length that i use for teaching adaptive lessons and feel like those are more stable at speed on ice. My home mountain is known for icy conditions.

TS
A

Adapt-Cannon

Booting up
Skier
If you were buying now, I’d for sure go to the 177cm length but as you mentioned going off piste more, I’d maybe recommend putting a fresh tune on your existing Titans and adding a more all mountain ski to your quiver instead. Something like a Brahma or Enforcer would add more off piste versatility and still be good on the groomers.
When it’s harder snow or you’re staying on the groomers that day, ski the nice and sharp Titans. Softer snow, new snow or venturing off piste, bring out your new 179-185cm all mountain skis.

I have been looking at the enforcer 100 in the 185 length. Seems like it might be a good options for what i'm looking for. No place around me to demo them that i know of.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Nice that you have the more versatile Monster 88 as well as that opens your quiver up to wider skis a bit more than. The Monster 88 will grip ice better than many all mountain skis like the Brahma or Enforcer but won’t be as good off piste(although the Monster way better than the I Titan). In the same length with the same tune, the iTitan should have the best ice grip of the bunch but you’d lose on stability or ability of various turn shapes compared to the Monster. I wouldn’t doubt a stone grind and .5/3 tune would help the iTitans edge grip. Still won’t be as stable at speed as the Monsters but should make the iTitans a good hard snow carver again. Maybe eventually swap them out for a new set of 177 iTitans or something more serious like an iSpeed etc.

Enforcer 100 or even 104 Free are pretty safe bets for someone to get along especially in softer snow/off piste conditions while still being good on groomers. Incredibly versatile ski for a huge range of people. More forgiving than the Monsters but still have a solid feel over rough terrain. Popular ski so shouldn’t be too hard to find at a demo day or rental place.
Mantra M5 would have better hard snow grip than an Enforcer 100 but would sacrifice float and off piste forgiveness. If you didn’t have the Monsters that would be a better choice.

Fuller

Semi Local
Skier
The iTitans are great skis in a surprising array of conditions. If I skied Cannon I think they would be put to use on a regular basis. My Titans are also 170cm but I'm 6'0" 155lbs. Your height and weight is pushing the design envelope a bit.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January