• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Head Raptor 140 rs - same as LTD?

chopchop

so many skis, so little time
Skier
I figured google would get me the answer but it didn't.

Does anyone here know: Are these substantially the same boot?

Thanks.

jeff foreman

Putting on skis
Skier
Nope. I had the LTD. Much softer. More of a 115 flex if I recall. It's been awhile. My understanding is that the LTD was marketed as their foray into the hybrid boot market way back when. Hoping I am referring to the same boot?

TS
chopchop

chopchop

so many skis, so little time
Skier
Nope. I had the LTD. Much softer. More of a 115 flex if I recall. It's been awhile. My understanding is that the LTD was marketed as their foray into the hybrid boot market way back when. Hoping I am referring to the same boot?

Interesting. How long ago? In this case, the flex rating is the same (130-150) and the last width is the same (96mm} so they may be recycling the moniker

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
The current version is a grey Raptor 140.

jeff foreman

Putting on skis
Skier
Interesting. How long ago? In this case, the flex rating is the same (130-150) and the last width is the same (96mm} so they may be recycling the moniker
Yeah maybe you are right about the moniker idea. Very strange. I'm talking 10 years ago. Atomic made a similar so-called hybrid boot called the M10. I owned that one as well. Here it is: LTD RS
1586625781173.png

SusanneGoneSkii

Gone skiing....permanently!
Industry Insider
Question: my supplier suddenly ran out of stock for 140 RS. I am not sure I got the info above right: the LTD RS has indeed a flex between 150 and 130?
And is comparable to the 140 RS?

SusanneGoneSkii

Gone skiing....permanently!
Industry Insider
Hi @SusanneGoneSkii - That's right. All indications are that the 2019-20 LTD is just a 140RS in grey.
Thaaaaaaaaaaank you so much!!!!
I have found an alternative supplier that did have the 140 RS in stock. They were also € 40 cheaper :yahoo: . If all goes well, I will be cuddling up with my new HEAD boots and the new i.Magnums by the end of the week!

Sponsor