• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Head Prestige Skis

Gerry Rhoades

mtcyclist rippin' again
Industry Insider
We got three pair of these in. As we understand it, this ski incorporates all of Head's hottest technology and are not a mass produced ski and, so I understand, very few if any make it to the us. It is a carving ski. Tim might be getting on one this Wednesday, and, if he does ski it, he'll be able to compare it to the new Nordica Fire Arrow replacement.
Head1.jpg
Head2.jpg
Head3.jpg

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
They did one of these a few years ago with the Head Standard graphics. These are sweet. What are the dimensions?

TS
Gerry Rhoades

Gerry Rhoades

mtcyclist rippin' again
Industry Insider
I don't know. I guess I'll have to measure it tomorrow because it isn't marked on the ski, unless it's on the other one. Do you have any idea what those "tube" looking things are supposed to do?

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I don't know. I guess I'll have to measure it tomorrow because it isn't marked on the ski, unless it's on the other one. Do you have any idea what those "tube" looking things are supposed to do?
...supply line for rocket fuel? :D
Those are sexy looking skis.

TS
Gerry Rhoades

Gerry Rhoades

mtcyclist rippin' again
Industry Insider
We sold one pair yesterday. This guy is a very good customer and likes Head skis. He has a place at the Yellowstone Club and when he finds a ski he likes he tends to buy multiple copies so his guests can be on the same ski. I think he has 30-40 pairs. I don't want him to buy all three, leave one for us to play with!!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I remember these being in an older Head product catalog but I cant find it at the moment. I will keep looking. IIRC, there was also a white verson too.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
It is a European model from and at 76mm underfoot it definately a nice hard snow width. It does have a Intelligence Chip technology, and KERS. He will definately have something unique. The buyer in the original post might want to compare it to the new Nordica but this is a different animal. I will say, I a jealous, that is a sharp ski.

Living Proof

We All Have The Truth
Skier
We got three pair of these in. As we understand it, this ski incorporates all of Head's hottest technology and are not a mass produced ski and, so I understand, very few if any make it to the us. It is a carving ski.

Gerry,
I curious about how you happen to get these skis, obviously, your shop is a Head dealer. Is this something Head is possibly putting on the US market, or, are they looking for feedback? Chipped with KERS is some of their best technolgy, and, I often thought Head (sort of) needed a 77ish hard snow cruiser.. I think that this is the ski Head should have made in place of the Supershape Titan.

BTW, I may know your customer, is his first name John?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Gerry,
I curious about how you happen to get these skis, obviously, your shop is a Head dealer. Is this something Head is possibly putting on the US market, or, are they looking for feedback? Chipped with KERS is some of their best technolgy, and, I often thought Head (sort of) needed a 77ish hard snow cruiser.. I think that this is the ski Head should have made in place of the Supershape Titan.

BTW, I may know your customer, is his first name John?
If you notice, the dimensions are closer to that of the Rally. Gerry's shop is a Head dealer, Very well a few pair of these arrived here and these three were extras and they made them available to dealers.

TS
Gerry Rhoades

Gerry Rhoades

mtcyclist rippin' again
Industry Insider
I honestly have no idea how they came to be available. I know Tim ordered them with this customer in mind. The customer who got the first pair is not named John, but John could be his dad.

Living Proof

We All Have The Truth
Skier
If you notice, the dimensions are closer to that of the Rally. Gerry's shop is a Head dealer, Very well a few pair of these arrived here and these three were extras and they made them available to dealers.

Somehow, I always thought the Head should put our a direct competitor to the Kastle 78. This just may that ski.

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
Hank Greenberg skis on these. They have his name on the topsheets from the factory.

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
Ex-AIG head. Just saying, I guess that's the sort who has these skis.