• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Head Nexo LYT 130 vs Dalbello DS 130

David Edwards

Putting on skis
Skier
I tried the Head Nexo Lyt 130 ski boots this past season and although they are good ski boots, I am looking at giving Dalbello a try next season. I tried on the DS 120 in December and it was a plush boot but seems bigger than a 100mm last. Are all Dalbello ski boots on the wide side? Could look at the DS Asolo in a 98mm last if that is the case. I hear some really great things about Dalbello. I like Nordica as well but been there done that.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
There are no independent agency that measures boots for width, or even flex. The numbers are a starting point and do not be a slave to them. Go by what fits, regardless of published width, flex or even brand.

TS
D

David Edwards

Putting on skis
Skier
In the future, they will all fit. It seems all manufacturers are making boots that you apply heat and they fit. Wait! then they leak.

AlpedHuez

Chasing that Odermatt form
Skier
I boot up with the Dalbello DRS 140. For a near-race-rated-flex boot, it still has 98 volume. Every other race series boot I have tried has been 96 or below and been too snug vice grip on my leg/foot. I was coming from the Tecnica Mach1 130 MV and the Lange RX 130. If you compare the BSL, for 26/26.5, the Tecnica measures 305, the Lange 306, and the Dalbello 308. The Dalbello seems to me a significant (for me) improvement of the two, dropping down from 100 to 98 volume and upping the flex from 130 to 140 yet giving me a better fit and feel out of the box and higher performance than the Mach1 or RX. Is that the extra 2 or 3 mm underfoot that noticeably works for me, or a plusher, cushier liner? Who knows. But I know that I like the Dalbello. :cool:

Last edited: