• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Head Nexo LYT 130 RS - Anyone tried this boot?

David Edwards

Putting on skis
Skier
Hello ski gods. I was just out and about getting new footbeds for my promachines and noticed that Head is making a light boot. Suprisingly, the last is a 100mm in the 27.5 and it feels crazy light. Has anyone had a chance to ski this boot and can give the good, bad and ugly on it? I do like the promachines but they feel like a brick to me at times- I am constantly adjusting the buckles.
Dave

Jwrags

Aka pwdrhnd
Skier
I got the 120s last year and love them. Amazing how lightweight they are. Someone was trying to sell a pair of 130s in a 26.5 here earlier this summer.

TS
D

David Edwards

Putting on skis
Skier
Did you find them a true 120 flex? I assume they are fairly warm? I tried on the 130 on the right foot and the vector RS on the left foot- the weight difference was huge. Looking at the closer on the LYT ski boots, I wonder if a lot of water gets inside that shell.

Last edited:

hbear

Out on the slopes
Skier
Too bad the smallest size is 25.5....
Was super interested in a light boot to complement the head RS140 I have.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Too bad the smallest size is 25.5....
Was super interested in a light boot to complement the head RS140 I have.
Having skied in a RS140, the closest i found to a light boot that fits like it is the Promachine or the Salomon S/Max

TS
D

David Edwards

Putting on skis
Skier
I have a pair of the Promachine 130s and they feel way stiffer inside than the Head LYT RS 130

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I have a pair of the Promachine 130s and they feel way stiffer inside than the Head LYT RS 130
Yes they do, they fit way different. Honestly, all we know is that the ProMachine doesn't work for you an you want to stay light. Without seeing and working with your foot, it is hard to know if this light boot is the right boot. As far as light boot options, almost every brand offers one.

I did offer the Promachine to @hbear because if an RS140 IS working for him, that a ProMachine is a viable option knowing what to expect from it.

TS
D

David Edwards

Putting on skis
Skier
The fit of the pro machine is workable for sure and that is a very warm boot to me. I never realized how much light boots make a difference in walking and cruising the mountain but I a sold.

hbear

Out on the slopes
Skier
Thanks I’ll check it out. Had not head of the pro machine.

TS
D

David Edwards

Putting on skis
Skier
Any difference between the 2019 Head Nexo 130 LYT and the 2020? I see some great deals out there on the 2019 boots. I tried them one foot with the speedmachine on the other and I love the toe box of the Head LYT and the instep.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Do all light boots have the same cold stiffening factor, or is one plastic significantly better in that regard than another?

I think it depends on the particular plastic/s used. My Atomic Hawx 130S's do not stiffen up significantly when cold. The flex stays pretty consistent no matter the temperature. My Lange RS's however, got rock solid at low temps. I know, they arent light boots :doh:

My touring boots use Pebax and the Atomics use Grilamid (mostly) and both do not really change much in regards to flex stiffness at lower temps.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
I think it depends on the particular plastic/s used. My Atomic Hawx 130S's do not stiffen up significantly when cold. .

Yes, that is secretly what I'm asking. We know Atomic's True Flex PU is that way and we know some of the amids are that way - I was hoping for a statement of the type

"Yes, almost every brand offers a non-stiffening when cold / non-softening when warm light boot" or "No, just brand 1, 2, 3"

Sponsor

Staff online