• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Head Monster 88 bindings. Tyrolia Attack 16 or Head FF 16 EVO?

David Edwards

Putting on skis
Skier
Just picked up a pair of HEAD Monster 88s to go with my front side skis. Looking a good binding setup for a wide ski. The shop has both but I think the FF16s are heavier but I could be wrong. I do like the idea of freeflex but I that means giving up the gripwalk soles.

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Just picked up a pair of HEAD Monster 88s to go with my front side skis. Looking a good binding setup for a wide ski. The shop has both but I think the FF16s are heavier but I could be wrong. I do like the idea of freeflex but I that means giving up the gripwalk soles.

The FF bindings are excellent, but yes, no grip walk if you go that route. If not that, just do an Attack 16.

TS
D

David Edwards

Putting on skis
Skier
I assume the FF16 and Attack 16 are well built bindings. The shop is going to install a RDX riser plate.

markojp

Industry Insider
Instructor

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
If you are setting the 88 to be a specific frontside ski with a riser and 16 EVO..why are you going as wide an an 88? you will be limiting some of it's versatility. Either put an Attack 16 on the Monster or put the riser/Evo 16 on a narrower ski but this combo, IMHO, doesn't make sense to me.

markojp

Industry Insider
Instructor
Not the route I'd take, but I know 2 or 3 folks who ski the m88 with a plate. All have pretty serious race chops.

TS
D

David Edwards

Putting on skis
Skier
If you are setting the 88 to be a specific frontside ski with a riser and 16 EVO..why are you going as wide an an 88? you will be limiting some of it's versatility. Either put an Attack 16 on the Monster or put the riser/Evo 16 on a narrower ski but this combo, IMHO, doesn't make sense to me.
I will probably just go with the attack 16 bindings. I have a pair of front side carvings skis. Typically, a ski 88 underfoot would not even be on my radar but in colorado, a mid fat type ski might just be better all around. Who knows, I might just like an 88 under foot ski better than a skinny ski.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January