• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Just got my GripWalk sole kit for my Tecnica Mach 1’s

Shout out to Greenwood’s Ski Haus in Boise.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
New boots. Upping from a 95 to a 105 flex. Bonus is so far, no need for an aftermarket liner! That's kind of a huge, HUGE bonus for me.
Promachine 105.png

TexasStout

Epic Pass + Loveland 4-pack for 2021-2022
Skier
I couldn't stick to my plan. :nono: Went and ordered a new pair of boots. Will have to take them to get liners cooked and custom footbeds.
To be totally honest, it was definitely time for new boots. The pair I've used for the last four seasons are 100 flex, bought when i was an intermediate skier. I'm an aggressive, advanced skier now and i felt i needed a 120 flex to keep from hindering my progression to more and more double black terrain.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Nordica has a kids’ line of Santa Ana/Enforcer skis this year, the 80 S. Full wood core skis at 78 or 80mm under foot depending on width. Picked up a pair for my 12yo daughter, who is ready to move up from foam/composite core skis. I think they’ll be a fantastic all-mountain ski for Utah.
67AE03BD-A008-45FF-BBC9-37D006855C1C.jpeg

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Nordica has a kids’ line of Santa Ana/Enforcer skis this year, the 80 S. Full wood core skis at 78 or 80mm under foot depending on width. Picked up a pair for my 12yo daughter, who is ready to move up from foam/composite core skis. I think they’ll be a fantastic all-mountain ski for Utah. View attachment 84050
Glad you found them.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Two weeks until I hit the best trails NH has to offer on my new Nordica Navigators!! View attachment 84049

Nordica has a kids’ line of Santa Ana/Enforcer skis this year, the 80 S. Full wood core skis at 78 or 80mm under foot depending on width. Picked up a pair for my 12yo daughter, who is ready to move up from foam/composite core skis. I think they’ll be a fantastic all-mountain ski for Utah. View attachment 84050

Both Nordica skis look great!

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I met with Ron Hauser in Manchester, VT last week to go analyze my feet/stance/walk, etc. He came highly recommended from a few people. My thinking was to get inserts for my street shoes to help my overall issue with my right foot. Well it's November now so we decided to do cork custom footbeds for my ski boots since that's what I'm in all the time this time of year. I'll be skiing every weekend until May so the ski boots are more pressing now than one for my street shoes. Come spring I'll get them for my hiking shoes as I live in those when disc golfing or otherwise hiking. I'm pretty excited because I already have custom foodbeds molded to my feet from Nick my bootfitter but these I think will take it to another level they will really help correct the way my foot sits in my boot. He's not taking away from what Nick has done but merely adding to it.

Here's a little about Ron.

https://www.mountaingoat.com/custom-footbeds-orthotics

https://blog.timesunion.com/pilotgirl/running-into-ron-houser/1662/

This wasn't a purchase I was planning to make just yet but it all just fell into place and I have a feeling my feet will be the better for it. I'm excited to ski with them. He's making them now so I'll be skiing with them in a couple weeks.

Last edited:

jmills115

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
My car for work was upgraded from a Tahoe to something smaller so I added an Inno Wedge 660 and factory roof bars from GM that attach directly to the roof with a Torx head screw.
Being able to leave the bars on the box I decided to add a pulley system to keep it out of the way when not in use
F6E36C37-AC2B-4358-AC61-5B684956A57E.jpeg

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
My car for work was upgraded from a Tahoe to something smaller so I added an Inno Wedge 660 and factory roof bars from GM that attach directly to the roof with a Torx head screw.
Being able to leave the bars on the box I decided to add a pulley system to keep it out of the way when not in use
View attachment 84145
I was looking at a pully system like that for the Packasport but @Andy Mink talked me into going with a hoist from Harbor Freight.

60346_W3.jpg

20% off this weekend.

jmills115

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I was looking at a pully system like that for the Packasport but @Andy Mink talked me into going with a hoist from Harbor Freight.

60346_W3.jpg

20% off this weekend.

I’m only $35 into the pulley and could use it for bikes and am going to check that at Harbor Freight. Adding the straps I did instead of what came with the pulley would make the switch easy enough.

68AEC5F6-A027-44CC-853E-635F4706BE55.jpeg

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

60346_W3.jpg

20% off this weekend.
Because it works good in my shed.
20191104_140640.jpg

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
I'm excited about my latest major $12 gear purchase. New baskets and collets for my vintage goode poles. ogsmile
IMG_0522.jpg

Sponsor