• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Scotty I.

I only care about the graphics
Skier
These are not 2020 but 2019 are close enough:
Head Monster 88's: The graphics on these skis are way nicer than the pictures. Very subtle.
Liberty Origin 112's: Hope I need these a lot!

Reactions: Ron

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier
There is not a thing I need to buy this year other than passes. I already bought my midweek pass for Mt Hood Meadows. I'll be buying a FUSION pass (Timberline Lodge, Ski Bowl, and Powder Alliance) when they go on sale in September.

I totally forgot that I need to replace my gloves. Tore them against a tree and put duct tape on them.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I’m doing my very best to not buy new skis this year even though I want them. I’m getting married in December and heading to Italy for the honeymoon in April. 2nd marriages not paid for by the parents are so much more expensive than the first one ogsmile

I’m still getting my Utah trip in February, though. That’s why Italy is in April. I wasn’t giving that up!

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Going to drive up to Jackson for the Gathering while you're at it?

Wish I could but I’m going to have my 14 yo with me and our trip ends on 2/21. It’s during Feb school vacation and I have to have him back. I’ll be at the Aspen Gathering, though.

Kneale Brownson

Making fresh tracks forever on the other side
Instructor
I’m getting married in December and heading to Italy for the honeymoon in April. 2nd marriages not paid for by the parents are so much more expensive than the first one ogsmile

I’m still getting my Utah trip in February, though. That’s why Italy is in April. I wasn’t giving that up!

Wife & I married in 1972 in front of a minister from where we worked (gave him $25), visited with friends at a local watering hole and called it a marriage. We did take a trip to visit her family in France (and Avoriaz) a year later, after we'd accumulated a month of vacation time each. We're both second time arounders.

MattSmith

Out on the slopes
Skier
Always looking for a good bargain. Currently searching for a pair of Rossi Black Ops 98s. If anyone happens to run across a pair for < $450 USD, I'll appreciate a shout.
clone.jpg

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Really need to sort out my inbounds boot situation as the season rolls in. My current boots need work if they are gonna be comfy enough for 10hr days of patrol -- but I'm sure any fitter who sees their would say that is throwing good money after bad. Despite knowing better, fiscal reality may mean finding a steal on a workable boot and having fitter take it from there.

Honestly wouldn't mind patrolling in my touring boots (Hawx Xtd 130s), but then I'd have to replace a quiver of bindings with WTR compatible ones. And the stock liner is pretty trash(ed).

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Honestly wouldn't mind patrolling in my touring boots (Hawx Xtd 130s), but then I'd have to replace a quiver of bindings with WTR compatible ones. And the stock liner is pretty trash(ed).

Umm I wouldn't even think about keeping your entire quiver "in play" for patrol days. Patrolling is a way better way to tear up your skis than even teaching beginners. Everything from checking coverage on closed trails to chasing kids through the woods to slamming sleds in to your tails would make me only want to use my sound but ugly skis for those kind of scenarios. Making two different pairs of (good but not great) skis WTR compatible and using those boots sounds like the perfect solution to that dilemma.

Last edited:

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Well last night, my DH turned to me out of the blue and said, "you should get new goggles before next season." My current ones are some old random pair we found in a garage. They were always functional, but just barely...

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Making two different pairs of (good but not great) skis WTR compatible and using those boots sounds like the perfect solution to that dilemma.

I’ve only got good not great skis.

Thinking about it further...all the patrol worthy skis already have been drilled 2+ times so new clamps might not be an option unless I can match existing mounts anyhow.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I’ve only got good not great skis.

Thinking about it further...all the patrol worthy skis already have been drilled 2+ times so new clamps might not be an option unless I can match existing mounts anyhow.

That only drill twice taboo is an urban legend. You can drill skis all over as long as the holes are properly filled, Epoxy and wooden dowels is the preferred method there. You can then drill even half over old holes..

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
That only drill twice taboo is an urban legend. You can drill skis all over as long as the holes are properly filled, Epoxy and wooden dowels is the preferred method there. You can then drill even half over old holes..

Yeah...if I want to pull a bunch of plugs out and refill with epoxy and wooden dowels that's a possibility. Its just a bit of a pain in the ass.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Yeah...if I want to pull a bunch of plugs out and refill with epoxy and wooden dowels that's a possibility. Its just a bit of a pain in the ass.
If budget is an issue, a little extra work can make things happen for next to no additional expense;

Sponsor