• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Haven't purchased yet, but I'm planning on getting some new eyewear that WON'T be OTG. Cataract removal/lens replacement completed on one eye and I can't wait to get the other done next month. Then, for the first time since I was about 10, I won't need to wear glasses. I probably needed them when I was 10, but actually got them when I was 12. I'm doing the distance replacement lenses, so I'll probably need reader glasses.
Not having to wear glasses was a life changer for me after I got Lasik.

Cheizz

AKA Gigiski
Skier
My 2019-2020 season puchases so far:
2019 Blizzard Rustler 10, 180
Fritschi Tecton 12

In the next few months:
AT boots (tech-fittings + GW soles)
Climbing skins for the Rustlers
A new hard snow carving ski. I will decide after November demos. Contenders: Fischer The Curv GT, 2020 Blizzard Firebird Competition 76, 2020 Blizzard Firebird HRC

jmills115

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Doesn’t everyone start buying in April? Sheesh, best time.
Pair of Dynastar Slicers, ( currently in warranty return), Look Pivot 18 Forzas
Fischer 188/30m gs ski. Pretty soft flex.
I start in April

Santa Ana 93s
Enforcer Free 115s
Pivot 12s
Attack 16 GW
4 different replacement lenses for Oakley goggles
Close to pulling the trigger on Shift’s and the Thermal Trekker

Wish list
QST106 or Moment Commander 108

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I start in April

Santa Ana 93s
Enforcer Free 115s
Pivot 12s
Attack 16 GW

Wish list
If you scroll up, @KULKEA has a discount code for pre ordering a Thernal Trekker.

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I start in April

Santa Ana 93s
Enforcer Free 115s
Pivot 12s
Attack 16 GW

Wish list

I've been thinking about the Enforcers since they were called Pros last few years, but haven't jumped in. From what I understand, the Pro 115 is the same ski as the Free 115. How do you like them? Could you say a bit about how they ski, pros and cons?

jmills115

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I've been thinking about the Enforcers since they were called Pros last few years, but haven't jumped in. From what I understand, the Pro 115 is the same ski as the Free 115. How do you like them? Could you say a bit about how they ski, pros and cons?
You are correct they are the same ski as the Pro. I picked them up late in the year and they are still unmounted. I opened the plastic and put summer wax on them.

oldfashoned

Out on the slopes
Skier
In April-May I picked up:
Thermal Trekker
Salomon SMax 130
Enforcer 100 w/ Warden demos
Now I just need(almost)a new shell. My Marmot was dark blue when new now it’s gray:eek:

rustypouch

Getting on the lift
Skier
Last month, new helmet in a slightly damaged box for half off. Besides that, nothing yet as pro deals aren't out. New base layers and a jacket are on the list.

firebanex

Making fresh tracks
Skier
nothing yet as pro deals aren't out..
Yup, I haven't started yet either because of that.

I have my eyes on a pair of Nordica Santa Ana 88s or 93s for my wife and possibly the Enforcer 88s for myself. I bought a lot of skis last season and kinda want to tone down my ski purchases this year as my wife and I are both getting full suspension bikes next spring. Gotta allocate some of the ski funds to the new bike(s) fund.

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
Fall ski swaps normally will kick off my buying season. Wife returning to her retail ski job is a big starter as she has me try on all the stuff she likes as it comes in. If I never bought another ski item would my current supply last for the rest of my life? Not willing to risk it so I must shop on.

Last edited:

Wade

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
After a great 18-19 season, I’ve really been enjoying my summer, but in the past few weeks have found my mind drifting back to skiing. I have a lot going on between now and when the season starts in earnest, including 3 weeks in Australia from mid December to early January. That is going to make the season feel like it’s starting later, although I do hope to get a half dozen days under my belt before I go.

In the meantime, I can always buy stuff!

I added Head SuperShape Rallys and Kastle FX95HPs to my quiver last year. Both really good skis, but neither clicked for me the way skis I’ve really loved have. They’ll be up for sale a little closer to the season.

So in the last week I’ve picked up:

Stöckli Laser AX 175
Stöckli Storm Rider 95 184
BCS Tracker 2 beacon (primarily for a planned Big Sky trip in Feb, but maybe will also do some touring with a couple of friends who are getting into it).

These are in addition to my Line Supernatural 108s. I’m thinking about picking up some Moment Wildcat 190s to round out the quiver after skiing a ton a deep days last year. The Supernaturals are great, but they’re better in post storm chop, and something with a little more float would be fun when it’s deep.

Reactions: Ron

Sponsor

Staff online