• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Bindings for the new Billy Goats arrived. They will look hideous. I am pleased.

BFB0F915-159C-4D3D-A5C5-287D88954352.jpeg

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Bought some Head Monster 88s for SO to add to his quiver of Stockli Laser AX and Volkl 90Eights. Now he's got something right in the middle. I've had some lengthy conversations with folks about the skis, think he'll be happy with them.
I demoed the M88 at Killington last December. Very nice and damp, reminded me of my Elan Amphibio 88s.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I demoed the M88 at Killington last December. Very nice and damp, reminded me of my Elan Amphibio 88s.

Cool. I'm hoping he likes them. I bought him a pair of Black Crow Captis skis but they were too soft for him. I think they would have been fine for softer snow days but he needs more of a mixed condition ski that will be good on hardpack and fun in softer snow, bumps, trees, etc. I think the Monster 88s will work fine.

Tominator

Totally in the present
Skier
New pants and a new fleece to go with my tangerine jacket.
I plan to ski more in the trees this year.
If I fall in the woods and can't get up, I should be easy to find!
Ski Outfit 2020.jpg

blackke17

I'd rather be at Alta
Skier
man when i put a list together i see its been one heck of an offseason!!!
4FRNT Hojis (179) , which i mentioned earlier
Salomon QST106's (181)
Salomon Rocker2 100's(178)
Salomon Guardian 16's
Marker Griffons
Tyrollia Aatack 13's
G3 Skins
Smith Variance MIPs helmet
Smith Squad XL goggles
Armada Goretex jacket
Oakley 15k Pants
5 pairs of new Compression socks
Intuition liners
Under armour mid layer hoodie
2 Lee Cohen Alta metal ski prints (30X40 inches each)
LEE.jpg

Also got some Salomon QST118s at the very end of last season which i skied 2-3 times.

still have some things on my list like a new Avy Beacon

Dan P

Booting up
Skier
I spoiled the heck out of myself with some summer sales and a not on sale new pair of boots for 2020:
Stöckli Stormrider 88s...186cm with Tyrolia Attack bindings.
2020 Dalbello Panterra 130 ID GW boots (well over a pound lighter than the 2019 Panterra 120s I traded)
And to get the most use out of my gear got Ikon Pass for season.

Can’t wait for snow!!!!

jmills115

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
20’ QST106-Bought today
Blizzard Firebird WC SL (165) w/ Marker Race Xcell 16
Thermal Trekker in Red last week
Replacement LEKI Trigger S straps (sucks to buy what I lost)
Santa Ana 93s
Enforcer Free 115s
Pivot 12s
Attack 16 GW
4 different replacement lenses for Oakley goggles

I added another ski to the list that I’m sure will be up for sale here after I get few days or runs out of it.

It is an 18’ Blizzard Firebird WC SL (165) w/ Marker Race Xcell 16s. They should arrive next week and since I brought the QSTs home yesterday, a pic is required.

B89575DC-561C-48AD-92A9-F35D922CB694.jpeg

Last edited:

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Finally made a decision and purchased a new deep snow ski to replace my beloved DPS Wailer 112RP skis.
The winner is the Fischer Ranger 115 FR.

a17518_ranger115fr_productdetail_01v22yonh4wmdoh.jpg

This video certainly helped me in the decision making process:

Of course now there will be no deep days anywhere I ski. So you can blame me! :eek::cool::huh::roflmao:

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
For a few seasons I have skied with heated ski boots and that finally solved any issues with ever having cold feet. So as I sat on many chairs last season with warm feet, but cold hands, I thought often about getting a pair of heated gloves. Finally pulled the trigger on the OR Stormtracker Heated Sensor gloves.

2715450001_1584712_png_zoom_3.jpg

Not only are they heated, but they also have the sensor fingertips so you can deal with your phone without taking off the gloves. Hopefully these actually perform as advertised. :)

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
For a few seasons I have skied with heated ski boots and that finally solved any issues with ever having cold feet. So as I sat on many chairs last season with warm feet, but cold hands, I thought often about getting a pair of heated gloves. Finally pulled the trigger on the OR Stormtracker Heated Sensor gloves.

2715450001_1584712_png_zoom_3.jpg

Not only are they heated, but they also have the sensor fingertips so you can deal with your phone without taking off the gloves. Hopefully these actually perform as advertised. :)

I’ve got the Capstone heated gloves from OR and they are a lifesaver. Or a hand saver, at least.

Bruuuce

My advice is worth what you paid for it.
Skier
For anyone that is interested, the Capstones (at least in L and XL) are <$350 from OR on Amazon right now. Seems like a good deal for this time of year.

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
No skis to add.....I am set (but saving up for a pair of Renoun Atlas 80’s)...

At our shop’s tent sale yesterday, I unexpectedly got this, after the owner’s mother “made” me try it on. Fits great and matches a favorite pair of ski pants.....

02157EE0-4305-4BD1-B74B-F0AE589AAF9B.jpeg

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
With a vengeance today. New boots for my husband, new boots for me, and probably going to give in and get boot heaters. Already bought new skis for me, and Wendy's goggles (which were the only bargain, thank you, Wendy).

Sponsor

Staff online