• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
I did that to mine recently after I skied over one right above the basket.
One of mine broke last season so it would collapse and sink into the snow if I tried to use it to push. Not really a big problem in VT but quite annoying in UT.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I did that to mine recently after I skied over one right above the basket.
Managed to do the same thing. New baskets on.
20191214_204906.jpg

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Liking my new 181cm Dynastar Slicer
Factory skis I got this Fall so much I thought I’d love the longer 187cm version even more. Menace 98 top sheet now and got matching Flash Yellow Attack2 13 bindings on them. The ski/binding combo apparently looks “sick” and “killer” according to other customers who were in the shop at the time. Lol

815BB3B8-46C9-4CD9-B6FC-825CD529B032.jpeg

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Liking my new 181cm Dynastar Slicer
Factory skis I got this Fall so much I thought I’d love the longer 187cm version even more. Menace 98 top sheet now and got matching Flash Yellow Attack2 13 bindings on them. The ski/binding combo apparently looks “sick” and “killer” according to other customers who were in the shop at the time. Lol

View attachment 87400
Looks like old Hexcel colors. Very cool.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I’m doing my very best to not buy new skis this year even though I want them. I’m getting married in December and heading to Italy for the honeymoon in April. 2nd marriages not paid for by the parents are so much more expensive than the first one ogsmile

I’m still getting my Utah trip in February, though. That’s why Italy is in April. I wasn’t giving that up!

I tried my very best....

New K2 Mindbender 90Ti from @SkiEssentials arrived today.

Quiver.jpg

Those gray bars were just screaming for a Pugski sticker!

IMG_0253.jpg

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
A pair of new Z-90’s (gave Kevin my black pair for graduation) and a new (shorter) pair of Citadels and Shift bindings. So two new pair of Renouns and a set of Shifts.

Attachments

• 98992FE9-4B3B-4042-B23E-4436B22BACD7.jpeg
    98992FE9-4B3B-4042-B23E-4436B22BACD7.jpeg
    94 KB · Views: 16

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
For my 12 year old daughter:
094E93FA-C421-4759-98C8-362C6469D3ED.jpeg

The Ripstick seem like a nice lightweight ski for someone who is very
Lightweight herself, and who likes to ski fast, but also tight terrain. Reviews seems like a great match for her, and they mention fun, several times.

My original thought had been to mount them with 50/50 bindings so we could do some family side country and touring without having to rent gear for her(last year that kept us back From going out twice). But, I didn’t want to add the weight of frame bindings, the Shift won’t go low enough DIN for her, so I was planning on getting the Tecton.
My wife worried that the tech toe step in of the Tecton would be to frustratinog, when skiing inbounds.
Then she suggested we get a true backcountry setup for the two of them to share (they are same boot size and height)!
More ski’s? twist my arm!
So that’s where the Hannibal 96 come in. Mounted with Vipec. If we do a family outing, my wife can use her Fullavit ti 95 with Shifts, the weight won’t be a problem, and my daughter will have a nice light set up. Then, if it’s just the two adults, my wife will have a pair of dedicated backcountry skis/bindings that are light and easy to use.
Win-win!

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
And for my younger daughter (9), picked up these:
DB52912F-CBDB-4FA9-94D5-EEB3C30C678F.jpeg

Got them from a friend, $60 feels like a safe bet.
Her ’out West‘ ski‘s are K2 Pinnacle Jr 84, so wide, very tapered and and deep rocker lines.
Hoping these will allow her to feel the more direct tip engagement and dial in the feeling of carving on hardpack here in town.
Only one afternoon on them so far. We’ll see.

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I’ve got some new LEKI adjustable S Trigger poles, new LEKI Griffin gloves, Spyder shell pants, and Spyder coaches bibs.

Attachments

• 4FD0859D-F716-4C03-916B-40F79F8E3228.jpeg
    4FD0859D-F716-4C03-916B-40F79F8E3228.jpeg
    134 KB · Views: 10

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
All black? Boring! Is it at least for wearing with the brightly colored jacket? :ogbiggrin:

If you haven't noticed yet, go check out the ski clothing in some shops and retail stores. The Skittle colors are long gone. Everything is earth tones and primary colors only. There are a few manufacturers still producing anything that is bright, but you have to search hard.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
If you haven't noticed yet, go check out the ski clothing in some shops and retail stores. The Skittle colors are long gone. Everything is earth tones and primary colors only. There are a few manufacturers still producing anything that is bright, but you have to search hard.
I have... and it's still OK. Colorful doesn't have to be neon. I have black, blue, red, green, and yellow/green pants... only the last pair is anything like neon. I still think all black is boring.

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have... and it's still OK. Colorful doesn't have to be neon. I have black, blue, red, green, and yellow/green pants... only the last pair is anything like neon. I still think all black is boring.
I’ve got bright red jacket and pants, bright blue, yellow, grey. What I haven’t had in a long time is black. So I brought some black back. My old tarantulas are beat up bad so I retired them. I’ve always wanted a shell pant and I bought @ChunderBlunder coaches bibs for ski patrol and I was really impressed with them so I picked up a pair for myself.
F47B3E1D-7FA7-493C-AF72-46E4AD5F6042.jpeg
23566DAC-0384-4E4B-A4A4-0548BD96020C.jpeg