• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Have you skied since April 15 ?

• Yes - Western Canada

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Yes - Eastern Canada

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes - Western US

Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Yes - Eastern US

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Yes - Southern Hemisphere

• Yes - Europe

• Yes - Other

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • No - In my dreams

Votes: 44 64.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
TS
Wilhelmson

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Poll is this year, not since dinosaurs roamed. :nono:
Until yesterday, no. Patch skiing is different. For one it takes a while to get down because you have to walk to the next patch. Plus, as soon as you figute out the snow and get a rhythm, you have to stop. Some patches you walk sideways a 100 ft to descend twenty on skis. Because, by that time you’ll be damned after all that walking if you let some snow go unskied.
View attachment 102682
If only it was all this long. Shoulda done it last weekend. It rained like crazy on Friday.
Lol upper chief is where i severed the retractor tendon on my index finger 25 years ago.

We were hiking around 3000 feet recently and the snow is deep. There must be some good spots on northeast slopes

JFB

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Yep, days #91-100, none X-C. All responsibly out of respect for my fellow human beings, myself and the virus. Strict social distancing. Close to home. Playing it safe on low-angle stuff so as not to need rescue if I fall. Nothing steep enough to slide. Always with a partner. You get the idea.....

slowrider

Trencher
Skier
20200518_125602.jpg

Mt.B 05.18.20

AaronFM

Getting off the lift
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
This season have not skied since March. Other years I’ve skied into May both East & west US

Rod9301

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Skied Sunday for the second time since mid March, when the quarantine started in France.

Climbed a nice couloir, in about a foot of wet powder. Glad to see i still remember his to ski steep stuff.

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
What about central Canada or US? The continent is more than just the east and west coasts you know...

TS
Wilhelmson

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
What about central Canada or US? The continent is more than just the east and west coasts you know...

I apologize. Obviously not the most well constructed poll although it provides a descent ) indication of where people are skiing.

James

Out There
Instructor
Is there really skiing in central US after April 15th? Mount Bohemia?
Central Canada would just go under “west”.
Anyway, no one knows what year the poll applies to. Including Southern Hemisphere implies any year since it’s essentially November there now.

Sponsor