• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Colorado Haunted Hotel , would you?

blackke17

I'd rather be at Alta
Skier
back around 2000 a group of buddies on a bachelor party stayed in a "haunted hotel" in the french quarter in New Orleans - they had tours coming through which we kind of scoffed at . one night the power went out and you heard alot of people hooting and hollaring . . kind of a trippy experience.

CS2-6

>50% Chicken Fried Steak w/w
Skier
Well, there are a couple minutes my life i wont get back.
Admittedly, the Misfits are not tune-smiths that suit everyone's tastes. But it doesn't take long to figure that out, and you should've realized these soothing strains wouldn't resonate with you. If you listened longer than about five seconds; well, you have no one to blame but yourself.

But hey, the song's only 90 seconds long. You couldn't have suffered too much.

Last edited:

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Not into staying somewhere that's haunted. My excuse is I have seen to many horror movies at a young impressionable age and it marked me forever. As haunted as I get would be to stay in the Stanley Hotel in Estes Park, CO and it's not haunted but merely the inspirational spot where Stephen King got the idea for The Shining. That's about as "haunted" as I get. I do want to check out the dwelling where Lizzie Borden did her thing in Mass, it's a hotel now I believe but I don't wish to stay there. My SO has stayed in haunted places in the UK.

VickieH

Contrarian
Skier
For me, staying in a place that happens to be haunted and staying in a place that commercializes and creepifies it are two different things. I would stay at the Eureka Inn again. I would not stay at the Black Monarch.

I lived in a house -- new construction -- that was visited by spirits a few times. Or maybe they lived there all the time. Once a light bulb exploded (sound and flash of light) where there was no fixture. More than once, a sweet perfume wafted by.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
For me, staying in a place that happens to be haunted and staying in a place that commercializes and creepifies it are two different things. I would stay at the Eureka Inn again. I would not stay at the Black Monarch.

I lived in a house -- new construction -- that was visited by spirits a few times. Or maybe they lived there all the time. Once a light bulb exploded (sound and flash of light) where there was no fixture. More than once, a sweet perfume wafted by.

Our daughter sees and hears things she attributes to spirits/ghosts. More than once a door has slammed, pretty loudly. The house used to be drafty before we got new windows, but still wierd stuff from time to time. Seeing things that seem to appear out of the corner of your eye then disappear when you turn to take a direct look at it.

True story, about 10 years ago there was a fire down the block. A three year old girl died when a kerosene heater tipped over and the apartment went up in flames. It was about that time that activity picked up. It was on that little girl's birthday too. Very tragic.

TS
Goose

Goose

Out on the slopes
Skier
Not into staying somewhere that's haunted. My excuse is I have seen to many horror movies at a young impressionable age and it marked me forever..

haha...when I was little my older sister took me to see Scrooge in the movies. Not the cartoon nor any animation (we didn't have animation shreck like movies in the late sixties/early seventies) but a real life type of Scrooge movie. None the less I recall after seeing the three ghosts having to sleep in mom/dads bed for like a week straight....lol

Then of course there was the 1973 original Exorcist. Let me say that horror movies, like gory killings and such never bothered me. But when it came to things like demons and the devil/evil vs good or god, That crap can hit home. That movie was the first one that really questioned the very essence of people's beliefs and faith The exorcist to this day some 35 yrs later is still among the most top rated movies of all time as for having a most dominant and lasting affect on its audiences ever. Interesting fact= After that movie came out the catholic church had one of its largest influxes in its modern history. People fainted in theaters across the country as ambulances were called to theaters. People needed therapy afterward, etc... All done without any the modern tech we have nowadays but it didn't need it because it was one the first movies which had the power of demonic evil and the question of faith. It was a different kind of horror film at the time and one the first to do that to the degree it did.
These clips may seem cheezy to younger folks so used to modern tech but for the time this was done extremely well and as mentioned it was the theme of the movie itself that hit home to so many peoples inner fears and feelings and it overshadowed any lack of tech anyway.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
haha...when I was little my older sister took me to see Scrooge in the movies. Not the cartoon nor any animation (we didn't have animation shreck like movies in the late sixties/early seventies) but a real life type of Scrooge movie. None the less I recall after seeing the three ghosts having to sleep in mom/dads bed for like a week straight....lol

Then of course there was the 1973 original Exorcist. Let me say that horror movies, like gory killings and such never bothered me. But when it came to things like demons and the devil/evil vs good or god, That crap can hit home. That movie was the first one that really questioned the very essence of people's beliefs and faith The exorcist to this day some 35 yrs later is still among the most top rated movies of all time as for having a most dominant and lasting affect on its audiences ever. Interesting fact= After that movie came out the catholic church had one of its largest influxes in its modern history. People fainted in theaters across the country as ambulances were called to theaters. People needed therapy afterward, etc... All done without any the modern tech we have nowadays but it didn't need it because it was one the first movies which had the power of demonic evil and the question of faith. It was a different kind of horror film at the time and one the first to do that to the degree it did.
These clips may seem cheezy to younger folks so used to modern tech but for the time this was done extremely well and as mentioned it was the theme of the movie itself that hit home to so many peoples inner fears and feelings and it overshadowed any lack of tech anyway.

Ha ha. You understand :) I've never seen the Exorcist and it's because the concept of that movie really freaks me out...……………. I am not really a fan of gory horror movies, always been more of a fan of suspense and what you don't see. A favorite of mine is the original Halloween. I also love the Omen, Burnt Offerings, Phantasm and Beware the Blob. Hands down The Shining is my favorite movie. I do want to see the Exorcist but something about that movie..... I will watch it, want to see it but..... I'm scared tee hee.

raisingarizona

Out on the slopes
Skier
Admittedly, the Misfits are not tune-smiths that suit everyone's tastes. But it doesn't take long to figure that out, and you should've realized these soothing strains wouldn't resonate with you. If you listened longer than about five seconds; well, you have no one to blame but yourself.

But hey, the song's only 90 seconds long. You couldn't have suffered too much.

I’m a big fan. I have been since the late 80’s.

CS2-6

Skier
I’m a big fan. I have been since the late 80’s.
Heck yeah! In my early punk years, I had one buddy who mostly played 80's hardcore punk (a lot of Black Flag, Circle Jerks, DRI, etc.) and my other bud was of the NOFX/Pennywise/BR School of Early 90's Skate Punk. So I'd never even heard The Misfits till I got to college.

But the first time I heard "Whoa! All I want to know. All I want..." I was hooked. When I was told it was The Misfits I said something like "Wait, you mean that big skull t-shirt the goth kids back at high school were always wearing?!"

Been a fan ever since. Although, I don't seem to put them on much outside of October anymore. But, I've still got a pair of these I bust out on the slopes from time to time:
1063224.jpg

They get some weird looks from most folks. I think I've only had one or two crusty lifties say "One last caress!" or "Alright! The Fiend Club is in town!!" or something.

raisingarizona

Out on the slopes
Skier
Those gloves are sick!

An old edit of some low tide meadow skipping from a few years back. Music by the Misfits.

CS2-6

Skier
Those gloves are sick!

meadow skipping...Music by the Misfits.

Thanks man. I get a kick outta wearing them. Even better, they glow in the friggin' dark. A totally unnecessary feature for a ski glove, but cool none the less. Now if you ever ski Wolf Creek, you'll know just which gaper I am.

Nice video! The only rockabilly/psychobilly/punkabilly song those dudes ever wrote. Cool to see some shredding without having to hit the mute button on whatever indie/EDM/dubstep crap the editor usually picks.

And nice turns too, by the way. The chutes make it clear you're significantly more hardcore than I am. Although, the meadows look nice.

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online