• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Living Proof

We All Have The Truth
Skier
While cleaning my garage in preparation for moving, I found a pair of Harb Carvers that have been unused for many years. I only used them 2 or 3 times, they are still in excellent condition. For those unfamiliar, and that would include all who are not students of PMTS, Harald Harb developed these for summer training and developing his tipping ski technique. And, no, you do not just tip 20%;)

They are in excellent condition, the rollers still have the center material from the moulding process

I'm thinking $125 shipped
I would rather sell them in Pugski

Here is some YouTube video of "not me"

. carvers bottom.JPG harb carvers.JPG

Last edited:

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@Brian Finch , Just curious, are you going to use these or are they for the curio cabinet? They look interesting, are the little wheels on the front to allow weight change?

TS
Living Proof

Living Proof

We All Have The Truth
Skier
@Brian Finch , Just curious, are you going to use these or are they for the curio cabinet? They look interesting, are the little wheels on the front to allow weight change?

The small wheels in the front function the same a front wheels on roller skates and permit balanced fore/aft weight. The weight change is 100% Harb basic technique: put weight on the outside rollers of the more uphill foot, and, tip the other knee toward the little toe edge, which will transfer balance and weight to the new downhill carver inside rollers ( or ski when on snow).

Here is an advanced training

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Seems like you would need just the ideal pitch and surface to use them. Other than dodging traffic they look fun!

I should see if I can find an inexpensive pair on ebay.

James

Out There
Instructor
Yeah what's up with playing in the road? Looking over a shoulder for traffic. Yikes.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I borrowed a pair of these from Harb a few years back. They are interesting for sure.

From when I picked them up. There is a story to go with it too.
fullsizeoutput_a9a.jpeg

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid