• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Happy July 1st! Or, to our friends to the north, Happy Canada Day!

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
A very quite day in Victoria B.C. yesterday with no gatherings or celebrations but lots of people biking, hiking, walking the dog.

Thankfully, no fireworks which freaks out my dog as the fireworks ignition spot is about a 1/2 block from my condo. I normally have to take my dog for a long drive before the fireworks start, so we got to stay home this year.

It was windy yesterday, with outdoor temps slightly below room temperature. Humidity, what's that?

I admit it, I am bragging when I say that we in Victoria have the most temperate climate not just in Canada, but all of North America.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ron

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
It was windy yesterday, with outdoor temps slightly below room temperature. Humidity, what's that?

What about the vast swathes of rainforest you have on VI? BTW I like temperate as a euphemism for "rains a lot" - you can see why Victoria is more British than anywhere in the UK ;)

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
What about the vast swathes of rainforest you have on VI? BTW I like temperate as a euphemism for "rains a lot" - you can see why Victoria is more British than anywhere in the UK ;)

It rains a ton on Vancouver Island's west coast but not in Victoria which is on the very southern tip of the Island. So the mountains on Vancouver Island to the north and west of Victoria act as a rain shadow. Washington's Olympic moutains on the other side of the Strait of Juan deFuca offer rain shadow from the south and southwest.
Average annual rainfall: Vancouver 48"
Seattle 36"
Victoria 24" and when it does rain it most often rains overnight, is cloudy in the morning, and clears off and sunny in the afternoon.

Victoria doesn't get any London fog, snow in winter is rare and when it does snow and a few flakes actually stick, all the government workers (Victoria is the capital of B.C.) stay home as do all the retirees (Victoria in the unofficial retirement capital of Canada). Victoria has no snow removal but driving on snowy roads is no problem as there is less traffic than a Covid lockdown. And the snow never lasts more than a day or two, then melts. Now you know why I spend winters at Sun Peaks Resort.

Sponsor