• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Happy 4th of July!

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
To all that celebrate the 4th of July as a holiday Happy Birthday USA.

MarkP

Saturday, and Saturday, and Saturday...
Skier
Happy "Approval of the Text of the Declaration of Independence" Day

"One of the most widely held misconceptions about the Declaration of Independence is that it was signed on July 4, 1776. In fact, independence was formally declared on July 2, 1776, a date that John Adams believed would be “the most memorable epocha in the history of America.” On July 4, 1776, Congress approved the final text of the Declaration. It wasn’t signed until August 2, 1776."

https://www.constitutionfacts.com/us-declaration-of-independence/fascinating-facts/

One could make a case that true Independence did not come until won:
- Surrender by Cornwallis at Yorktown?
- Signing of the Treaty of Paris?
- Last British troops leave?

History lesson aside, it's great to be able to appreciate and celebrate another Anniversary.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Happy "Approval of the Text of the Declaration of Independence" Day

"One of the most widely held misconceptions about the Declaration of Independence is that it was signed on July 4, 1776. In fact, independence was formally declared on July 2, 1776, a date that John Adams believed would be “the most memorable epocha in the history of America.” On July 4, 1776, Congress approved the final text of the Declaration. It wasn’t signed until August 2, 1776."

https://www.constitutionfacts.com/us-declaration-of-independence/fascinating-facts/

One could make a case that true Independence did not come until won:
- Surrender by Cornwallis at Yorktown?
- Signing of the Treaty of Paris?
- Last British troops leave?

History lesson aside, it's great to be able to appreciate and celebrate another Anniversary.
I remember back in 1976 with all the Bicentennial Mania buzz all about the nation. Selling everything in red, white, and blue colors. All the popular songs were about it, etc. My parents were telling me it was all going to happen again, only bigger in 1987 to celebrate the ratification. Still waiting on that party LOL..

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
Celebrated the birth of our country and the Birthday of our 30th President of the United States. Joined several hundred my fellow patriots in a walk from the Calvin Coolidge birthplace to lay a wreath on his grave in Plymouth Notch Vermont.

"Don’t expect to build up the weak by pulling down the strong.”
― Calvin Coolidge

God Bless America and Thank You Calvin!

IMG_5841.jpg IMG_5845.jpg

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Celebrated the birth of our country.

"Don’t expect to build up the weak by pulling down the strong.”
― Calvin Coolidge

God Bless America and Thank You Calvin!]
I like the quote and have heard various forms of it over the years

James

Out There
Instructor
Wow, the Macy's fireworks in Nyc were incredible. Nearly a half hour. Never seen them that good. DC was good, this was a cinematic masterpiece. Striped waterfall of flame down the Brooklyn bridge.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
We had a neighborhood full of Hispanic and Latino immigrants celebrating in the street with legal fireworks, LOTS of little kids all celebrating the American Dream, I also had a few slightly illegal fireworks but kept them quarantined to our property, I don't do things that fly more than 30 feet. I gave the two boxes of sparklers to our next door neighbor to hand out to their little kids. My kids are teenagers more interested in video games lately. All in all a great night with great neighbors.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
The town of Londonderry shoots off the town fireworks at the base of Magic Mountain and they are pretty much right over you. Us condo folk have a big party up on the hill so we're higher up than the folks who are visiting the base area it's nice to have a premium spot and not have to fight any crowds. It is by far the most fun I've ever had on the 4th. We BBQ and have our own party and then walk down to the Black Line Tavern for a drink or two and then crawl back up the hill. It's nice not to have to drive anywhere.

I believe this is the finale.

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier
As Abu said in The Simpsons: " Celebrate the independence of your nation by blowing up a small part of it. "

Our tradition is to go to the beach in Seaside Oregon with the whole family and join the celebration with lots of fireworks.
Fireworks.jpg Inventory.jpg