• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Halloween Stoke

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
It's always been my all time favorite party holidays. Perhaps because the snow will soon be covering the ski hills. Definitely because of the costumes and revelry for kids of all ages. My favorite parties in college were on Halloween. Mrs also loves the whole Halloween scene. When the kids were little we'd go to the nearby neighborhood where the college professors live and decorate all out every year.
1395303_731800783502129_2102038982_n.jpg

safe_image.php

Now we stay closer to home and get set up to give out the best candy for those brave enough to come get it..

Tonight we are going old school chain gang prisoners with Chance of Snow being the guard. Sled Dog is going as a cat.

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Nice! I use to love dressing up for Halloween, but now, adult Halloween seems to be celebrated only on the weekends pre/post the actual Halloween date. One of the downsides of working every weekend.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
I generally fail at Halloween. Then I feel sheepish as I hand out candy dressed as I always am, in a house that doesn't look the slightest bit spooky.

Yesterday, I dipped my toe in the water by getting a plastic skeleton cat (@kimmyt pointed out that skeletons don't usually have ears - oh well) that crouches in the front windowsill, plus a couple of lightbulbs that swirl red and yellow. With the diaphanous drapes, it looks pretty spooky inside the front of the house, and it highlights the skeleton nicely. I did have to mess around a little since the bulbs need to be pointed sideways to be effective.

Baby steps!

Don in Morrison

I Ski Better on Retro Day
Skier
The only decoration we use is a jack-o-lantern or two. After Halloween, we cut up the jack-o-lanterns, throw them in a blender and freeze the mush, which becomes Thanksgiving pumpkin pies.

My shtick when I answer the door, after checking out the costumes, is "Where is Santa Clause? They told me Santa was coming tonight". or "You're not Santa Clause, he was going to bring me some toys tonight." Most of the kids don't get it, but a few catch on and play along. One last year announced he was coming as Santa this year. We'll find out. If he shows up, my response will be, "Did you bring me the skis that I asked for?"

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
I have to admit, I avoid jack o'lanterns and pumpkins. Seems like they always end up smashed in the street. I guess that's not the worst vandalism ever, but meh.

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
My jack o'lantern is a foam light up. Take the batteries out and re-use next year. Last year I was in Banff for Halloween. Fun times at the Banff Springs. They had a charity costume party. Just sitting the bar and people/ghoul watching was fun. Lots of Brides of Frankenstein, Dracula or Zombie brides.

They had 2 ghost walks early in the day through the hotel. Couldn't get on a tour, filled up fast. Also there is a ghost of a former bell hop at the hotel. Didn't see him. I'm all set for tonight with mini chocolate bars.

Do they still do UNICEF boxes in Canada anyone?

TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Still got about 5 pounds of snickers and reecees cups BWAHAHAHAHA! Leftover candy FTW!!

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Hershey Bars and Glow Sticks ... a few trinkets. Kids decorate front, I get to skip leaf raking for the month .... : ) Normally a bit few inside items such as jacko-lanterns but it's been busy this month for kids and school activities. Kids new Pixel ... I got to borrow it - amazingly good pics given mindless point and shot aspect. nearest pumpkin is supposed to be a wolf ...

2016 Halloween front.jpg

2016 pumpkins 2.jpg

Last edited:

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
My fledgling effort turned out pretty well:

TS2Twzg.jpg

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
My nephew was a fierce Tigger
RAWR!
14939558_10157934655890019_2076920620463857740_o.jpg

Maybe you can tell, my sister is a makeup artist.
14721652_10207002979902161_5900776431233675056_n.jpg

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
@Mendieta has the best dog skeleton.

Ah, that's Spike :) I tend to struggle to upload images. Sometimes they embed, sometimes they attach, oh well. I think the attachment went through ... Happy Halloween!

Attachments

• 1477970165685-1691993780.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 25
  • 1477970464005932460224.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Our spooky house. You can't tell from a still photo, but I have strobe lights in second story windows.
IMG_7260.JPG

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Ah, that's Spike :) I tend to struggle to upload images. Sometimes they embed, sometimes they attach, oh well. I think the attachment went through ... Happy Halloween!
For some reason, when I used your uploaded image, it went sideways. Here is a screen shot.

Screen Shot 2016-10-31 at 9.11.38 PM.png

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
For some reason, when I used your uploaded image, it went sideways. Here is a screen shot.

Yep, exactly. But also, most of the time, when I upload a pic from the phone, it just gives me the chance to choose a thumbnail or a full image, and it embeds it. But, something like 1 in 10 pictures, it just refuses to embed, and the picture can only be attached. Oh well, happy Halloween, and thanks much for embedding it! Mr Bones and Spike are really grateful!

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@Monique I really like your window!

Don in Morrison

I Ski Better on Retro Day
Skier
Well, Santa was a no-show again. Most of the kids this year figured out that I was messin' with their heads. The parents all thought it was pretty funny. Maybe next year.

We had a real spider, one of those big, white, bony looking ones, hanging out on its web over in the corner of the porch all night long.

Sponsor

Staff online