• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Hallo from Austria!

JimboFreedman

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Hi everyone,

I'm Jimbo - I'm at Stubaigletscher in Austria right now but actually heading over to do a season in Jackson Hole (so excited!). A friend of mine who lurks here sent me your way because he saw your gathering is there, but, unfortunately, I think I'll be on a camp that week so won't be able to ski with you all. I'm sure I'll bump into some of you though and look forward to exchanging lines :D

Jimbo

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Glad to be the first to say "Welcome!" I am proud to say I was born in Austria, but we left when I was very young. Have great antique photos of my parents skiing Lech. I never got to go, but hope to do so some day. Sorry you'll miss the gathering.

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
Grüß Gott! My only connection to Austria was spending a year in Vienna for school and learning to ski at Fieberbrunn. Then many return trips, one hiking decades back in your area to Franz-Senn-Hütte, Sulzenau Hütte, and Dresdener Hütte.

Last edited:

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
I was fortunate to spend a week in Stubaital at the village of Nuestift in 1981. I was part of a group of US instructors who were invited over by the Tyrolean government to promote skiing in the Tirol. It was a huge January in Austria with tons of fresh snow down to the valley floor allowing us to ski all the areas in the valley, which I later learned is not all that common. The treatment and hospitality we received was second to none and the whole experience is very memorable to this day.
6D308E06-E4F6-4310-B5BA-116957C6BAB7.jpeg

Will you be working in Jackson?

Last edited:

Sponsor