• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
Put a blanket in your roof box, tape it in. When putting more than 2 pairs of skis in you put the first two pairs in, fold the blanket over them then the next two pairs. Keeps the edges and bindings from scraping against the skis.

Duct tape over the toes of boots can help some cold boots from being cold. Covers the gap in the overlap where air can leak in.

If you have very tight boots and have a hard time taking them off on cold days - carry a small hair dryer with you. :45 seconds blowing heat right down the inside of the boot behind the tongue and they slide right off.

David

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Skier
DaleBoots and heated gloves.

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
If it makes you feel better, smudge up the bag to make it look ratty and less desirable. Maybe a cross and rosaries.
Or a voodoo doll with helmet and goggles!

In my bootbag, I always keep extra gloves, socks, goggles, hand warmers, powder leashes, a buff - all the small stuff that can slow you down or cost you crazy money if you forget one and need it now! That is the mom in me. I cannot say how many times, we have arrived at the mountain and someone forgot a glove or .... I am retired now, but the lessons remain!

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
At the beginning of the season yes. During the season we verify by pulling out items and visually verifying at home. At the local, I monitor what goes in the bags at the end of the day and we always do a spot check of the area before we leave. Each of my daughters is responsible for verifying....Like I wrote......have NEVER lost or forgot an item. At the cost of kids ski/race gear, I'm pretty happy to brag/post/write about that accomplishment!!!!

Hope you don’t jinx yourself this winter.

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
My best spring skiing hack. Wear shorts under ski pants with zip vents. The wind blowing on your bare legs on a sunny spring day is just the thing to keep you cool. Then when you get down to the warm village/parking lot, just take the ski pants off et voila! You are rocking cool spring shorts and every poor person trudging around sweating is envious. If you are really adventurous, take the pants off mid-day and ski in shorts. I've only attempted this once. As cool as it looks, just remember that if you wipe out, that snow is incredibly cold, no matter how warm the air is!

TS
Andy Mink

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I wear running shorts over my thermals so I can take the ski pants off and drive home without having to change. Also works in the lodge. I may not be the coolest looking guy there but I am the coolest FEELING guy. Super comfy for having a beer at the bar.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
. If you are really adventurous, take the pants off mid-day and ski in shorts. I've only attempted this once. As cool as it looks, just remember that if you wipe out, that snow is incredibly cold, no matter how warm the air is!

Dood. The two of you should just get some race training shorts already. Best spring skiing fashion evah. No bum rubber pads, no windbriefs required.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
If you're a white collar worker with telecommuting privileges, take your laptop up the mountain on a work day and connect either by resort wifi or mobile tethering. Respond to the urgent stuff throughout the day, catch up on real work in the evening. Works better if there's lockers or bag check at the top so that you don't have to carry your laptop all day. Even better if you can accomplish a lot of your work on a phablet.

Smartphones and skiing 30 minutes from home/office are the two major reasons I can get so much ski time in.

If you're like me, afraid to abandon property you don't want to lose, accept that at times it happens, put a heated boot bag in the safest close to the slopes place you can, accept that someone might take it but do it anyways and leave a spare set of shoes/layers in the car just in case. Haven't consulted an actuary but my locker savings have been substantial and I haven't been ripped off yet.

If it makes you feel better, smudge up the bag to make it look ratty and less desirable. Maybe a cross and rosaries.

Great thread topic this is a never-ending search for all of us.

Gratuitous duct tape to make it look skankier than it really is. Plus you can use the duct tape for repairs when needed.

wutangclan

Getting on the lift
Skier
I don't care if I lose all my cool points, snowboard gear is so much more comfortable to wear than ski gear.

Yesterday's snowboarder is today's park skier ... any cool points you lose might be because they think you're trying too hard to fit in with them! :roflmao:

Seldomski

All words are made up
Skier
For the destination skier... put all of your ski stuff in one place so it is easier to pack. We have a retired very oversize piece of luggage that houses all of the ski gear.

I stage it in a conspicuous, not quite annoying location, so my wife is often reminded that 'we should go skiing' :)