• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Freeride

Booting up
Industry Insider

Freeride

Booting up
Industry Insider
It's a tragic sign of our times, the kind of anonymised hateful vitriol that greets everything vaguely controversial. I agree with your :nono: emoji
That turned into on Wild Social Experiment! Joe Rogan was attacked by the same Groups and he has a damn funny piece about it in his new comedy act.

Freeride

Booting up
Industry Insider
Where I think it sucks, is that they would say something in a somewhat anynomous platform, yet when called on it, they won't back up what they said. I am guessing they deleted their posts from Bob's wall too. Early on I was trying to keep up with the replies on his wall but they were coming too fast adn quite frankly I didn't have the time. I did see the occasional post like this and there might have been a few replies to them, they weren't that bad. I am guessing I missed the real vile and ones filled with the hatred as exemplfied here.

I am not a hunter or fisherman myself, we have a Costco that has an aweome meat and fish department and everything is cleaned and dressed already but I have zero problem with anyone who hunts for food that they will eat.

Freeride

Booting up
Industry Insider
24 hours after my FB post the threats came in and went like wildfire. Some of the most Crazy A$$ stuff I've ever read. Most of it didn't make sense. So many of them were dead set about killing any animals yet they were pro Abortion. The stupidity in their comments was astounding, "why hunt when you can go to the grocery store" Really??? The hypocrisy is what really burns me up, this is one of faves that was on the post,
Screen Shot 2018-10-20 at 6.34.43 AM.jpg

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
24 hours after my FB post the threats came in and went like wildfire. Some of the most Crazy A$$ stuff I've ever read. Most of it didn't make sense. So many of them were dead set about killing any animals yet they were pro Abortion. The stupidity in their comments was astounding, "why hunt when you can go to the grocery store" Really??? The hypocrisy is what really burns me up, this is one of faves that was on the post,
View attachment 56586
I should have used a smiley face ogwink when I typed something similar, but I agree there is a lot of hypocrisy out there.

Freeride

Booting up
Industry Insider
In early September Greg and I produced a Bear spray video for the outfitter which Greg guides for. This is for the new hunting clients when they arrive at camp to watch, same idea as the Avy transceiver and an Any Bag training video for Backcountry ski lodges.
With me shooting the video and making Greg say the lines over and over again, plus shooting things from different angles we both had the process engrained in our minds. Thank Goodness Greg was level headed and quick to draw as it was just over 2 seconds from seeing the bears to having her on me.
Here's the link to the spot.

NZRob

Skiing the Rock
Skier
In early September Greg and I produced a Bear spray video for the outfitter which Greg guides for. This is for the new hunting clients when they arrive at camp to watch, same idea as the Avy transceiver and an Any Bag training video for Backcountry ski lodges.
With me shooting the video and making Greg say the lines over and over again, plus shooting things from different angles we both had the process engrained in our minds. Thank Goodness Greg was level headed and quick to draw as it was just over 2 seconds from seeing the bears to having her on me.
Here's the link to the spot.

I can't even begin to understand how terrifying that experience must have been. And awe-inspiring at the same time (more so in hindsight I suppose!). Great presence of mind/preparation/experience/planning from you both to get out if it relatively unscathed (not belittling your injuries, which looked nasty).

Freeride

Booting up
Industry Insider
I can't even begin to understand how terrifying that experience must have been. And awe-inspiring at the same time (more so in hindsight I suppose!). Great presence of mind/preparation/experience/planning from you both to get out if it relatively unscathed (not belittling your injuries, which looked nasty).
I agree NZRob I know I walked away virtually unscathed as it could have been a whole lot worse!

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Here is an interesting video from the CHP Facebook page of a Bear strolling through the Truck Enforcement facility on Donner Pass road, near Truckee

TS
Willy

Willy

aka Goldmember
Industry Insider
Circling back to this 'event' from last year.... Bob Legasa (Freeride) had the opportunity to tell this story on The Animal Planet show, "I Was Prey". It showed this past Wednesday and is available through a number of sources. Pretty good job by all in telling the story and giving the viewer a chance to get a sense of what Bob went through. We're all just glad he lived to tell about it! Nice job, Freeride!

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Circling back to this 'event' from last year.... Bob Legasa (Freeride) had the opportunity to tell this story on The Animal Planet show, "I Was Prey". It showed this past Wednesday and is available through a number of sources. Pretty good job by all in telling the story and giving the viewer a chance to get a sense of what Bob went through. We're all just glad he lived to tell about it! Nice job, Freeride!
I was following this on FB but kept getting sidetracked on posting it here.
I'm definitely going to search for a source to watch it.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I have not found a source to watch it and don't have a cable or dish subscription :(

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
For those interested in Amber's attack, she did a podcast on Meateater: https://www.themeateater.com/listen/meateater/ep-167-mauled-by-a-grizzly

I don't know if Bob did as well. His Animal Planet episode is on Hulu.

I didn't listen to it, but my husband did, being a member of the "club" so to speak. I've watched Bob's episode. It's interesting to compare the various experiences and reactions. My one takeaway is that Counter Assault needs to re-engineer that safety clip. All the accounts I've read about or listened to ended up spraying themselves as they removed the clip. My husband thinks that actually helped him as it made his head less palatable.

Bob also had a podcast on Elkshape, which I came across looking for a podcast in Meateater. https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podca...bear-spray-works/id1315352438?i=1000436056025

Last edited:
TS
Willy

Willy

aka Goldmember
Industry Insider
I have not found a source to watch it and don't have a cable or dish subscription :(

Okay, I'm surprised you don't have a cable or dish subscription. Maybe try at a friend's house? Library? It's worth the watch but you have to watch the entire show as it's split up between Bob and the story of the lady attacked by a hippo. That's an interesting story, too.

Sponsor