• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Sbum02030

Booting up
Skier
I haven't herd of the hole falure either and deal with boots pretty regularly.
It's a disclaimer that comes with their swappable soles. I'll see if I can find the piece of paper that contains the exact wording.

I have no idea how many swaps you can actually do FWIW. More of them covering themselves from any potential liabilities.

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I’ve had GW soles this year and appreciated the ease of walking, because I do a lot of walking/standing around in my boots when not on the snow. I’ve got testy knees.....walking in a plastic DIN sole boot, and having the smallest slip can tweak my knees to pain. It’s quite unnerving. Stepping off a moving gondola onto the platform, for me, is an accident waiting to happen unless I’ve got good confidence-inspiring traction. I’m 53 and would like to preserve my knees.Anyone that thinks I’m a wimp for this.....well, piss on you. ;)

I did notice the decrease in snow feel. And, in my experience, getting in a GW Pivot 14 (mounted on a SL ski) was a PITA. I had to decrease the DIN to do it comfortably.

I went back to a regular DIN sole, but they have rubber soles, so at least I’ve got some traction. Cat Tracks, etc are great, but only if you’ve got a place to leave them.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Aren't these CatTracks?

They are indispensable for me being on RS 130, wouldn't be without them, worth their weight in gold.

I use the Sidas version tho and it is even better.
This are YakTraxs SkiTraks.

Sponsor