• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Greetings from central virginia

wgo

Getting off the lift
Skier
Hi everyone,

I have been posting here for a few months but have never taken the time to write an introductory post. I actually joined a year ago but did not really start to post until this season. My skiing background: I started skiing while in grad school near Madison, Wisconsin. After a couple years in Madison I was fortunate enough to spend 4 years at the CERN lab as a grad student and spent Saturdays from December thru May exploring ski resorts in the Alps. After finishing grad school I worked near Chicago and few out west when I could and also hit the midwest resorts within 3 hours or so for a quick fix. I currently live in Charlottesville, VA and consider Snowshoe, WV my "home" resort. Married with 2 kids, age 13 and 10. We all ski and are looking forward to our first trip out west as a family - we will be in Winter Park the first week of April.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone here!

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Greetings! Always interesting to see who is from where. SO jealous about your time in the Alps, good for you.

We are almost neighbors, I'm out of Spokane, WA.

Reactions: wgo

jdm00

Putting on skis
Skier
I consider Snowshoe my "home resort" as well, but wished I live as close as you do! Hope you had a good winter there (and that we have a strong finish to the season).

Sponsor

Staff online