• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Greetings folks from a new member!

Evan's Dad

Evan's Dad :)
Skier
Hey all! I used to lurk around the EpicSki site and was recently surprised to learn of its demise. Bummer, there was such a wealth of info there and even though I wasn't active, I am sorry to see it go. But I was also glad to find this site!! I am from Washington DC and have been an avid skier for a long time. My favorite places to ski are Alta/Bird (or anywhere in the LCC/BCC area) but love Colorado too. I also ski in West Virginia in Canaan Valley at Whitegrass and Timberline (which just got purchased and will hopefully reopen next year).

The reason I decided to get involved in the Forum is that I have a nearly 3 yo little boy who I have started to introduce to skiing. We just got back from Steamboat where he got his first taste at the ski school and it turns out he really likes it!! So since the skiing community in DC isn't really very big, I thought a virtual community is just what I needed to help support me in this adventure of family skiing.

Anyway, I'm glad to be here. Happy New Year!!

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Welcome- there are many skiers from the DC area here and much like EpicSki, a ton of great people on the site from pretty much all over with a wealth of good info, and willing to share.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Welcome!

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Welcome, @Nanook!
Taking the kids skiing is great! The grow and progress so fast, but you can keep skiing together!

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Hey all! I used to lurk around the EpicSki site and was recently surprised to learn of its demise. Bummer, there was such a wealth of info there and even though I wasn't active, I am sorry to see it go. But I was also glad to find this site!! I am from Washington DC and have been an avid skier for a long time. My favorite places to ski are Alta/Bird (or anywhere in the LCC/BCC area) but love Colorado too. I also ski in West Virginia in Canaan Valley at Whitegrass and Timberline (which just got purchased and will hopefully reopen next year).

The reason I decided to get involved in the Forum is that I have a nearly 3 yo little boy who I have started to introduce to skiing. We just got back from Steamboat where he got his first taste at the ski school and it turns out he really likes it!! So since the skiing community in DC isn't really very big, I thought a virtual community is just what I needed to help support me in this adventure of family skiing.

Anyway, I'm glad to be here. Happy New Year!!
If you go to the resorts section of the forum and click on any of the red tabs that say Mid Atlantic, you'll see all things that have been placed under that tab for ease of finding others from your area.

Sponsor

Staff online