• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Greek Peak NY

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
So bear with me..we've identified Greek Peak south of Syracuse as a possible 2 or 3 day destination just after new years. Anyone know of this place? Comments? This is primarily because they have a water park.....but we'll be skiing...

martyg

Making fresh tracks
Industry Insider
Skied it decades ago. They used to do a great job.

There's a shop on Transit Road in Williamsville, NY. Most of the crew from The Ski Market landed there. maybe call up and ask? Ask for Tony D or Mark M.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
I mean its not bad.....but why over say the dacks or vermont?

doc

Out on the slopes
Skier
Used to ski Greek Peak when I was in college and grad school near there.
Good as a 2-3 hour destination, but not as a 2-3 day one.

TS
scott43

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Well fact is it's pretty cheap at that time. And we really can't ski much because of the kids..so we really have to do something besides pure skiing. Tremblant is too busy and expensive then, Jay is well, Jay. I like Whiteface but lodging is a bit far from the hill. Maybe in 2 or 3 years we can do something with a bit more ski in the ski trip...

Scrundy

I like beer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Because it's right on I-81 due south of Kingston, Ont which is where he'd cross the border. All those other resorts are hours east. Sure Holiday Valley is close to Toronto - but it means crossing at Niagara Falls which is just a complete waste of a day sitting in non-moving traffic.

If the skiing is in combination with something else further south, Greek Peak makes complete sense. His other serious option is Elk - if they're open whenever he makes the trip.

78570442_122423532542045_7100087548860432384_o.jpg

Yeah your right, and of the two Greek is the best option for the family. No brainer, not a terrible option...you’ll have fun. They been blowing every chance they get and we got some coming pretty quick. So you’ll ski I’m certain, how much ???
That depends on the wind.

Itinerant skier

Out on the slopes
Skier
Took the GFs nephews to Greek last year to learn to ski. Excellent terrain based learning for them and some nice surprises for me. We stayed downtown Ithaca on Hilton points, so heaps of dining and drinking options. Their tubing hill is one of the more exciting ones I've seen for when folks need a break from skiing. It's a solid 2-3 day family destination. It's on the Indy Pass, so if work takes me that direction this year, I'll happily ski it again.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Well fact is it's pretty cheap at that time. And we really can't ski much because of the kids..so we really have to do something besides pure skiing. Tremblant is too busy and expensive then, Jay is well, Jay. I like Whiteface but lodging is a bit far from the hill. Maybe in 2 or 3 years we can do something with a bit more ski in the ski trip...

Beggars can't be choosers. Its better than nothing and there is always a chance for a powder day in that area thx to lake effect snow so you never know. I had a few good days there back in the 90's.

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Have you thought of Bristol Mountain? Its Canandaigua, so pretty close. Not sure what they have to keep the kids entertained.

Johnny V.

Half Fast Hobby Racer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Greek Peak vs. Bristol:

Bristol-Much better snowmaking, much better lifts, taller hill. No onsite lodging except for condos, no entertainment such as Greek Peak's waterpark.

Greek Peak-Potentially more natural snow, waterpark and on site lodging. Older slow lifts and snowmaking not nearly as good as Bristol.

If you need more Bristol info, let me know.

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I skied it once a long time ago. I wouldn't go for skiing, but, if you are in Ithaca it's not bad. Some good xc skiing nearby as well.

Sponsor