• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Great White North... but the flat southern part.

Laner

Wax on, wax off.
Skier
Greetings. I am a metric skier from southern Ontario Canada. I grew up skiing the area hills as a kid and ventured beyond Ontario’s boarders to experience some of Canada’s diverse ski terrain... and a bit south of the boarder too.

After spending time away from skiing (almost 7 years), I am now reentering the sport with 3 kids in tow, and couldn’t be more excited about the changes to the ski terrain, equipment, and experiencing the sport through my children.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Yeah, but does it actually change your skiing?

Skier1 : "Man, look at those turns..."
Skier2 : "Yeah... he's totally metric"

:cool:

The dude at the shop was trying to sell me a pair of skis with a turn radius of 42 feet. :huh:
I told him no way I am getting on that truck. I like my quick turning 13 meter FIS SL just fine. :cool:
Imagine, a ski with a turn radius of 42 feet. Must make turns like a GS ski. :D

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
The dude at the shop was trying to sell me a pair of skis with a turn radius of 42 feet. :huh:
I told him no way I am getting on that truck. I like my quick turning 13 meter FIS SL just fine. :cool:
Imagine, a ski with a turn radius of 42 feet. Must make turns like a GS ski. :D

Yeah... at 42, they must not turn very well. I mean, that's just simple math - 42 is so much bigger than 13.
Sorry for the digression @Laner ... hope you find the site useful and fun! (And I think I'm going to start telling KingGrump that he's totally "metric"...)

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
88=55

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^
"I can't drive 88" just doesn't have the same ring to it... maybe "I can't skate 88" would work

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
So, if Back to the Future was filmed in Canada, Doc Brown's Deloroan would only have to go 55MPH? ;)

Mark-172

Alta or Brighton... hmm...
Skier
Welcome, and welcome back to skiing, I took time off myself... Its good to be back.. I'm a big fan of metric too, but not in Golf... (my other vice).