• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Great Private Hill to Teach At?

Deadslow

Getting on the lift
Skier
Doubt that a US passport will be any good in many countries this winter. Plus, my puppy cannot come.

If Canada opened up I road trip up there, and spend a month heli and cat skiing. Those operators must just be scratching their heads with income their income stream probably cut by 75%.
CMH derives 52% of revenue from European heliguests. A little less reliant on USD than one would expect.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
If Canada opened up I road trip up there, and spend a month heli and cat skiing. Those operators must just be scratching their heads with income their income stream probably cut by 75%.
Canada is not likely to open up until there is a vaccine widely available

Me, I am not riding gondolas, trams, cats, or choppers, in fact I am just going to stay at my home mountain and not do any ski road trips.

@martyg, If I were you I would make this the season to not be a ski instructor and then pick a smallish resort like Schweitzer or Whitefish, or smaller like Silver, 49*North etc. and just spend the winter or most of the winter free skiing.

TS
martyg

martyg

Making fresh tracks
Industry Insider
CMH derives 52% of revenue from European heliguests. A little less reliant on USD than one would expect.

Interesting. I've only run into a handful of Europeans on my trips. Hope that those operators have a great season.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
I went skiing with CMH K2 Rotor Lodge, it was mostly Americans, some South Americans now living in the US and I was the only Canadian. There may not be many Europeans allowed in Canada and/or they may chose this to be the year that they do not sit in a plane and then a helicopter for most of a day.

What happens when a foreign skier suddenly exhibits symptoms part way through a ski holiday be it Heli or resort skiing? Treatment in Canada, doctor or hospital, won't be free and I assume that medical and travel insurance will be a lot more expensive due to covid, than the normally already costly trip coverage.

Last edited:

karlo

Out on the slopes
Inactive
Treatment in Canada, doctor or hospital, won't be free
Years ago, one of our kids needed medical attention. Fever, and whatever. Don’t recall the cost, but we were surprised at how inexpensive it was.