• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Great movie quotes

Zrxman01

Out on the slopes
Skier
Hello, little man. Boy, I sure heard a bunch about you. See, I was a good friend of your dad’s. We were in that Hanoi pit of hell together over five years. Hopefully, you’ll never have to experience this yourself, but when two men are in a situation like me and your Dad were, for as long as we were, you take on certain responsibilities of the other. If it had been me who had not made it, Major Coolidge would be talking right now to my son Jim. But the way it turned out is I’m talking to you, Butch. I got something for you.
This watch I got here was first purchased by your great-grandfather during the first World War. It was bought in a little general store in Knoxville, Tennessee. Made by the first company to ever make wrist watches. Up till then people just carried pocket watches. It was bought by private Doughboy Ernie Coolidge on the day he set sail for Paris. It was your great-grandfather’s war watch and he wore it every day he was in that war. When he had done his duty, he went home to your great-grandmother, took the watch off, put it an old coffee can, and in that can it stayed until your granddad Dane Coolidge was called upon by his country to go overseas and fight the Germans once again. This time they called it World War II. Your great-grandfather gave this watch to your granddad for good luck. Unfortunately, Dane’s luck wasn’t as good as his old man’s. Dane was a Marine and he was killed, along with the other Marines at the battle of Wake Island. Your granddad was facing death, he knew it. None of those boys had any illusions about ever leaving that island alive. So three days before the Japanese took the island, your granddad asked a gunner on an Air Force transport name of Winocki, a man he had never met before in his life, to deliver to his infant son, who he’d never seen in the flesh, his gold watch. Three days later, your granddad was dead. But Winocki kept his word. After the war was over, he paid a visit to your grandmother, delivering to your infant father, his dad’s gold watch.
This watch. This watch was on your daddy’s wrist when he was shot down over Hanoi. He was captured, put in a Vietnamese prison camp. He knew if the gooks ever saw the watch it’d be confiscated, taken away. The way your dad looked at it, that watch was your birthright. He’d be damned if any slopes were gonna put their greasy yellow hands on his boy’s birthright. So he hid it in the one place he knew he could hide something. His ass. Five long years, he wore this watch up his ass. Then he died of dysentery, he gave me the watch. I hid this uncomfortable hunk of metal up my ass two years. Then, after seven years, I was sent home to my family. And now, little man, I give the watch to you.

lisamamot

Lisa MA MOT
Skier
What hump?
"walk this way...use the cane, it helps" - Young Frankenstein

Often quoted in our home.....

"spontaneity has its time and place" - The Sure Thing
"I do not think that word means what you think it means" - The Princess Bride
"I don't think you're striking the proper tone here" - The Incredibles
"I'm fine, I'm fine, I think I'm going to die" - Ice Age

geepers

Skiing the powder
Skier

It's not in the movie but it's probably the best quote from Top Gun. Peter Pettigrew was a real life TG and the Navy's Technical Advisor to the film.

"Right now I'm just trying to keep 'em from turning it into a musical."

TS
Andy Mink

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
You take the blond, I'll take the one in the toiben.

tch

What do I know; I'm just some guy on the internet.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
"Think of your secretary"

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Let's pretend......we're human beings.

Right into the lumberyard.

Caddyshack, of course!

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Fill your hand, you son of a bitch!

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Well, I guess you can't break out of prison and into society in the same week.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Out here a man settles his own problems.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Call it, professional courtesy.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Uh, that's actually El Dorado, John Wayne; not John Wick. (But I do like the John Wick movies)

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Uh, that's actually El Dorado, John Wayne; not John Wick. (But I do like the John Wick movies)
This goes out to all the posts here, just add the movie that the quote came from when doing the original post.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
If you have to ask, it doesn't qualify...:ogbiggrin:

Sponsor