• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Great movie quotes

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
There's an Italian deli/gunshop
1586387680824.png

TS
Andy Mink

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
There's an Italian deli/gunshop near me that uses the tagline "where you can have the cannoli AND the gun"
Just don't mix up the two.

Tim Hodgson

PSIA Level II Alpine
Instructor
Jenny we just watched Blazing Saddles last week! My favorite quote (which is played during the Larry Elder Show daily) is:

Taggart (Slim Pickens): “What do you want me to do, sir?”

Hedley Lamarr : “I want you to round up every vicious criminal and gunslinger in the West. Take this down.”

[Taggart looks for a pen and paper while Hedley talks]

Hedley Lamarr : “I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, shit-kickers and Methodists.”

Taggart : [finding pen and paper] “Could you repeat that, sir?”

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Jenny we just watched Blazing Saddles last week! My favorite quote (which is played during the Larry Elder Show daily) is:

Taggart (Slim Pickens): “What do you want me to do, sir?”

Hedley Lamarr : “I want you to round up every vicious criminal and gunslinger in the West. Take this down.”

[Taggart looks for a pen and paper while Hedley talks]

Hedley Lamarr : “I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, shit-kickers and Methodists.”

Taggart : [finding pen and paper] “Could you repeat that, sir?”
We haven’t watched it in a while, but this thread made me want to again.

Blazing Saddles was the first movie I lied to my parents about seeing. Wasn’t the original release but it must have been showing at one of the theaters that played older movies because it must have been right around 1979 when I saw it.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
My favorite from that movie:

Are we awake?
We're not sure. Are we black?
We are.
Then we're awake. But we're very puzzled.
My favorite from that movie:

Gentlemen! We have to protect our phoney-baloney jobs!

And yes, I have used it at work....

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
There's an Italian deli/gunshop near me that uses the tagline "where you can have the cannoli AND the gun"
1586439860421.png

There's also a local bar that also sells ammo (was also a gun shop and gas station at one time). Their tag line is "beer, bullets, and bullshit since 1945".

Sponsor

Staff online