• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Northern Rockies/Alberta Great Divide Ski Area - Montana

Spnole

Getting on the lift
Skier
Flew into Bozeman Montana on new years eve en route to Red Lodge. Due to a fiasco involving GMC Motors and Enterprise (which enterprise fixed timely), we never made it to Bozeman. Plan B involved going to Great Divide Ski Area near Helena. Skied Saturday and Sunday. We had the mountain to ourselves. I waited 3 chairs one time for one of the double chairs. The rest of the day, I skied right on. This mountain has so much personality and the runs were awesome. 3 of the 5 chairlifts were open and provided all the entertainment and runs I needed for the day. I ended right at 5:00 (they were open for night skiing and fireworks) If you get the chance, give this place a shot. Friendly staff, awesome terrain, and fantastic snow.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Flew into Bozeman Montana on new years eve en route to Red Lodge. Due to a fiasco involving GMC Motors and Enterprise (which enterprise fixed timely), we never made it to Bozeman. Plan B involved going to Great Divide Ski Area near Helena. Skied Saturday and Sunday. We had the mountain to ourselves. I waited 3 chairs one time for one of the double chairs. The rest of the day, I skied right on. This mountain has so much personality and the runs were awesome. 3 of the 5 chairlifts were open and provided all the entertainment and runs I needed for the day. I ended right at 5:00 (they were open for night skiing and fireworks) If you get the chance, give this place a shot. Friendly staff, awesome terrain, and fantastic snow.
Did you take any pictures? :)

chris_the_wrench

Spinning wrenches and throwing spokes.
Skier
I was over in Helena for some work stuff a couple years ago, planned on skiing there but the wind shut it down, day later covid shut it down. Some day…:

Sponsor

Staff online