• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Individual Review Grass Sticks: Cool, Retro, and Highly Functional

LewyM

Getting off the lift
Skier
Bought a pair of Grass Sticks this season. Love them. Good feel, look cool. What more could you want in a ski pole?

Reactions: Ron

Brad J

Out on the slopes
Skier
I ordered new Baskets after two seasons of hard use , and Andrew Sent me a note concerned what happened, t told him I was extremely pleased with them and the basked IMO failed due to my skating hard on many traverses at Alta /Snowbird last month. Great product , best customer service

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
So I went to a build event at a brewery tonight and somehow a new set of Grass Sticks came home with me. :huh: Andrew saw my Pugski jacket and asked if I know @Ron. We had a nice conversation about how the business has progressed and learning curves like the fact that the hemp straps were cool but didn’t work under the harsh conditions of skiing.

They’re now offering some cool print straps made by a one man company in his retirement. But, I really wanted to post about their kids program which is totally awesome. You pay for a pair ($63) and then you can exchange for a new pair as the child grows up to 5 times or 42”. A friend who joined me with her 6 year old son walked away with a pair for herself and one for her kid.

I’ll try to get a better pic tomorrow.

8B4AED1C-CFB8-4D54-B67B-7D2AF214B215.jpeg

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
They’re now offering some cool print straps made by a one man company in his retirement. But, I really wanted to post about their kids program which is totally awesome. You pay for a pair ($63) and then you can exchange for a new pair as the child grows up to 5 times or 42”. A friend who joined me with her 6 year old son walked away with a pair for herself and one for her kid.
That is a cool idea!

LewyM

Getting off the lift
Skier
Just to add some product love, I want to give Grass Sticks a shout out for their customer service. One of my poles broke last season, still within the warranty period and they just sent me a replacement. So not only is the product cool, the company stands behind it.

Pblain

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Love all the great reviews, those build events at the Breweries sound awesome. Planning to order a pair of grass sticks tonight, hoping they don't get slapped with duty at the border

bremmick

Booting up
Skier
Ron, what is the diameter at the base of the grip and at the top of the basket. In photos these look thinner than Soul Poles and therefore lighter.

not to revive a post from the dead but do these hold up better than soul poles? I’m heading to a third shaft in 7 years on mine, they seem to dry out and crack the length of them.

Brad J

Out on the slopes
Skier
I did crack my grasssticks after 3 years , I put epoxy (west system) in cracks, rapped painters tape around them very tightly, let cure, sanded and varnished. That was a couple of months ago and still fine.

James

Out There
Instructor
Soul poles seemed like boat anchors when I tried them, but that was some years ago.

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Mine are still going strong 3+ years.

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
not to revive a post from the dead but do these hold up better than soul poles? I’m heading to a third shaft in 7 years on mine, they seem to dry out and crack the length of them.
I've had two replaced under warranty for lengthwise cracks. Been a few seasons and still going.

I will say I get compliments on these almost every time I ski.

Roundturns

Getting off the lift
Skier
Sporting a pair this year. Very pleased. Old guy skier with retro poles (lol)

Sponsor