• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I’m pretty sure I could show up to Guest Services a day or two early and apply my pre-paid day pass for another day. If needed I could just pay the difference.

Here’s the thing, I have to go on the day @AmyPJ is there.
:ogbiggrin:
I REALLY hope for better weather than our previous two trips there this season. We're tossing around hitting JH on Saturday IF we can hunt down a deal.

wyowindrunner

Getting off the lift
Skier
The last two seasons, on our "warm up day" at Targhee on the annual Boys JH Trip, we've run into locals with two for one coupons while buying tickets. This year, a local just handed us two of them (tweaked knee) so we really lucked out.

A quick interwebz search yielded nothing, but perhaps a local like @wyowindrunner has some insight to save the pugskiers some dough.
Check out the idaho falls ski club. They might have some discounts that would be worth the 30 buck membership fee for you. Lodging discounts-tickets. When you folks head over get there early and make sure you are watching the road/weather reports for pass closures. Pic below is hard to see but the road for overflow parking and it can be a hike to the base. A sunny Sunday afternoon a week back. Don't remember the pickup pulling the passenger trailer running during a week day. BTW, haven't seen the guy and his horses pulling the sleigh for rides to the lodge for a couple of years now. kinda miss seeing them. For thoes unfamiliar, the serpintine tracks visible are for the cross country folks.
parkingjpg.jpg

SpikeDog

You want Big Air, kid?
Skier
Okay, I posted this on the offical gathering thread a while back. Best deal for passes at Grand Targhee that I've found is this:

Works at Grand Targhee, Kelly Canyon, SnowKing, Pine Creek, and Pebble Creek. It's worth it just for Grand Targhee alone.

Last edited:

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Check out the idaho falls ski club. They might have some discounts that would be worth the 30 buck membership fee for you. Lodging discounts-tickets. When you folks head over get there early and make sure you are watching the road/weather reports for pass closures. Pic below is hard to see but the road for overflow parking and it can be a hike to the base. A sunny Sunday afternoon a week back. Don't remember the pickup pulling the passenger trailer running during a week day. BTW, haven't seen the guy and his horses pulling the sleigh for rides to the lodge for a couple of years now. kinda miss seeing them. For thoes unfamiliar, the serpintine tracks visible are for the cross country folks.
View attachment 93664
And the fat bikes! I've hiked up that hill after having to park below. The upside is you can ski right back to the car. ;)

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
The more I think about this... the more I think I'm in, barring terrible vis conditions. And I realize we haven't really started a roll call... I'll start - cut and paste and add yourself if you're in. I'll add a link to this thread to the main Gathering thread.
  1. @Jim Kenney
  2. @AmyPJ
  3. @utskier
  4. @dbostedo

wyowindrunner

Getting off the lift
Skier
And the fat bikes! I've hiked up that hill after having to park below. The upside is you can ski right back to the car. ;)
Last week you could- there was enough snow on the ground. some skinny skiers were gliding thru. And the adventurous can bail down the hill to sac!

TS
Jim Kenney

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I don't have ticket yet, but I think I can get one online as senior for low $60s. Probably shouldn't delay too much to get that in case they go up significantly :-(

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I don't have ticket yet, but I think I can get one online as senior for low $60s. Probably shouldn't delay too much to get that in case they go up significantly :-(
Hard to say. Walkup rate is only $72 for seniors, so not a ton more. It's also worth hitting up a passholder who is standing around and asking if they'd let you use a buddy pass for the day.

Dean

Lawn chair sledder extraordinaire
Skier
I still need a ticket.

Following @MAB 's pointer, Habitat in Driggs advertises $84 adult / $62 senior: https://ridethetetons.com/snow/#tickets

I called about group rates which require a minimum of 20:

Adult $79.00
Senior (65+) $58.00

I'm guessing with our numbers, folks fending for themselves, and the logistics this is a no go. Habitat sounds like my best bet at the moment...

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I still need a ticket.

Following @MAB 's pointer, Habitat in Driggs advertises $84 adult / $62 senior: https://ridethetetons.com/snow/#tickets

I called about group rates which require a minimum of 20:

Adult $79.00
Senior (65+) $58.00

I'm guessing with our numbers, folks fending for themselves, and the logistics this is a no go. Habitat sounds like my best bet at the moment...
That's a decent price.

Brad J

Out on the slopes
Skier
Forgive me if this has already been resolved.

I'm trying to clarify my plans and wanted to confirm that a group of PugSki members are going to ski at Grand Targhee on Friday, Feb 28.

- Is the date of Feb 28 correct?
- I'll have a car and could possibly give two people a ride over and back from Jackson.
- Best public ticket deal I can tell from afar is buying online from Targhee website or liftopia. One day tic on Feb 28 is currently running in low $90s for adults, low $60s for seniors from both sources. Believe price is fluid and will go up as date gets closer.

-Can we start a roll call now in this thread?
@Jim Kenney
Me and my buddy will be looking for a ride if that is avalible ??

TS
Jim Kenney

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
It sounds like between me and @aveski we might have @Brad J (2) and @Dean covered for rides. I will be driving either a Forester or an Outback, need to work out details on which one still.
My only reservation is in the rare event that the pass is stormy and closed that day. Odds of that should be quite low for a specific day this far out, but if it happens I might not be up for the long detour it would take to get to GT.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
If we get a lot of snow, well that’s something we’ll have to live with.;)

I have a Forester with a roof box, so we have more group capacity.

Sponsor

Staff online