• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
It's one thing to find a unicorn like The Ski Black Majics or Olin Ballets, but to find both at the same time, less than 2 miles from your house for basically free. Priceless!
full

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1,007.3 KB · Views: 29

Joal

Out on the slopes
Skier
It's one thing to find a unicorn like The Ski Black Majics or Olin Ballets, but to find both at the same time, less than 2 miles from your house for basically free. Pricel

WOW! Nice shape, original mounts. WOW! Any history from the seller???

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
WOW! Nice shape, original mounts. WOW! Any history from the seller???
The skis were at the daughter's house. They had a garage sale and (fortunately) the skis didn't sell. They put them on Craigslst last night and I happend to see them a couple of hours after they were posted. We went to get them this AM. I asked if they had any other of Mom's gear like the matching The Ski poles or even some long ballet poles. She called her mother and unfortunately she did not. They were pretty dusty when I picked them up, I did tell tehm that they are going to a good home and will be in a collection. I sent over some pics of the other skis and this is the reply I got... "Soooo cool!!! My mom was super happy when I told her what you do with them :)". Now I still need some TRS's, they are the next sksi to check off the list.

Joal

Out on the slopes
Skier
Nice, but who is her Mom?? I was hoping there would be some connection to someone famous.but seeing the condition of the skis, more likely not dedicated skiers and probably just liked the colors. Well, cool, let us know if you ever stop grinning. I would have paddled a mighty river.........

Joal

Out on the slopes
Skier
A garage sale and they did not sell. I can't imagine. Just think "whatever doesn't sell today is going in the dumpster"

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Nice, but who is her Mom?? I was hoping there would be some connection to someone famous.but seeing the condition of the skis, more likely not dedicated skiers and probably just liked the colors. Well, cool, let us know if you ever stop grinning. I would have paddled a mighty river.........
Mom wanted to try ballet...most serious ballet competitors used plate binding set up and no brakes. The key was to keep the skis light.

da-cat

Hoarders Anonymous
Skier
That makes sense.
Thanks.

Regardless.. I am not sure what I was thinking- not like I will be trying tricks with that level of balance skill at my age! More like if I stock my quiver with something to represent the genre, I should know the facts.

Meanwhile I appreciate those with the skill for ballet.

Like Snowdancer.

If you know what I mean.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
OK... what are they? They look sort of like skis, but they are too straight to turn. Are they some kind of fossils or something? And why are those things that look kind of like bindings all silver-colored? Obviously if they were actually bindings they'd be all kinds of plastic-y bright colors. So what they heck are they?

:D

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
OK... what are they? They look sort of like skis, but they are too straight to turn. Are they some kind of fossils or something? And why are those things that look kind of like bindings all silver-colored? Obviously if they were actually bindings they'd be all kinds of plastic-y bright colors. So what they heck are they?

:D
You really didn't turn the black ones, you swiveled them, so much that the groove (groove?) in the base was not under the boot making it easier to swivel. The orange ones were for spinning. Be impressed that the "bindings" are all metal and that they actually had brakes (these were the first Salomon bingings to have "option" brakes), a $15.00 upgrade in 1976.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@Royal, early Ballets blue writing.

Sponsor

Staff online