• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Zach Wolmering

Booting up
Skier
I got a pair of Renoun Z77 skis and I was wondering how good they are and how much they're usually priced at because I'm having a hard time finding information online.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The Renoun's have a price tag that includes a comma in it so..they are indeed a premium product. Obviously you found this site when Googling info on the skis. The Z skis are a really damp and composed 77MM hard snow biased ski that is silky smooth. HERE is my initial test of the Z77.

TS
Z

Zach Wolmering

Booting up
Skier
Thank you for the replies!
So I'm not going crazy on how much they cost, I just couldn't find enough information to solidify my findings, thanks to you guys I can.
And I "found" the skis while doing a skiing competition and I won a lottery for a pair of skis.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Thank you for the replies!
So I'm not going crazy on how much they cost, I just couldn't find enough information to solidify my findings, thanks to you guys I can.
And I "found" the skis while doing a skiing competition and I won a lottery for a pair of skis.
It is a real hard snow carving ski great for the east coast. Did they come with a pair of bindings or flat?

TS
Z

Zach Wolmering

Booting up
Skier
They are 174 cm long. I'm thinking of selling them, I haven't found them on eBay Craigslist or the like.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
They are 174 cm long. I'm thinking of selling them, I haven't found them on eBay Craigslist or the like.

The Renoun brand is too new to the market for there to be any used skis available. There are no demo events for the skis so you buy them with a 100 day money back guarantee and can then return them if the skis are not to your liking. AFAIK they are only available as factory direct, online.. I don't think anyone on Pugski who owns Renouns has returned them, possibly no returns from any buyers anywhere as they are that popular with those who have skied them.

I would have sent you a PM by now except that even at a below retail price that you might be asking, they are still out of my price range.

Last edited:

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier

eBay and Craigslist are really terrible venues for something this exclusive.

Both fleaBay and Clist are essentially commodity goods venues, i.e. for selling something generic enough that anyone can know what it is and have a rough idea of value. eBay is also good for upselling low-price hard-to-find items. eBay is horrible for getting full value on something in the upper tiers. With the occasional possible exception like a Japanese bike collector bidding war, high value goods are probably undersold.

My point here is sort of an extension of @DanoT s post, thus: Even if there were enough Renouns to generate re-sale, whoever owned them would be beyond stupid to try to sell them on fleaBay or C-list. They need to sell to an informed audience, and that means an audience that is not solely informed by the advert itself.

TS
Z

Zach Wolmering

Booting up
Skier
Thank you everyone for helping with these skis, if possible I will make a post here about selling them. If you know anyone feel free to mention I'm trying to sell em .

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January