• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Got a bat house on your property?

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Bat Management.com is a wealth of information on everything bat related. Probably more than you would ever want to know. The Resources and Advice tab has good info on where to locate your house, what makes a good house, etc.

https://batmanagement.com

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@LiquidFeet , No. I don't have one ye. Like you, I am in the process of building one for my backyard and have been doing some research.

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
I've read that the bat house needs to be warm or hot. So the house is usually painted black, and it needs to be in the sun. But in this thread people are talking about bats living in shady spots. So what's with that?

Could there be incorrect information on the internet about where to install bat houses ?????
Actually, my bats behind the shutters are on the South side of the house in full sun. I'm sure it's quite toasty.
FB_IMG_1560488435422.jpg

Last edited:

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
That's a great photo. Is it difficult to sneak up on a bat?
There's no issue of "sneaking up", he's happy and I'm not bothering him. The issue to me is he going to decide to fly in my face right as I take the picture? Fortunately, that camera is a super zoom, and that's a screen grab from a video. I had way more distance than the picture would suggest.

EricG

Lost somewhere!
Skier
We have a few bat houses around our property, but I’ve never seen a bat.

Sponsor

Staff online